Last reply 11 months ago
Aubagio and freezing my eggs

Hi happy new year to you all first of all.

I was wondering whether anyone could tell me whether my taking Aubagio affect the ovaries if I decided to freeze them? I take loads of other meds but I know that Aubagio has an effect on woman that are considering having children. My gynaecologist suggested that I freeze my eggs and use a surrogate when I feel that I’m ready to have kids. I didn’t think that I could consider that option since I have epilepsy, psoriasis and a mood and psychosis disorder. I take meds for all of these plus the Aubagio. Does anyone know whether it’s possible? I don’t want to raise my expectations when the truth is I can’t.

Thanks everyone!
Have a great New Year

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ā€˜xā€™.

stumbler
11 months ago

Wow, @mschronic , that’s one helluva question!

To be honest, if the medical professionals can’t answer these complicated questions, I’m not sure the forum members could help.

But, you never know……….

nutshell88
11 months ago

I never wanted to risk it becsuse Iā€™m hoping I have a child * or more * one day and i
I was also afraid even if I stopped if it would have long term effect maybe on the babies themself altho If I remember right my dr said take it and we can stop it when u plan to be pregnant. But im not sure a
Bout my memoriies recently šŸ˜… my mind is creative in creating fake events.

spunky
11 months ago

@mschronic I am on AUBAGIO too. Talk to your Neuro but I think you would have to stop taking Aubagio for a while or stop and take a wash out to give your eggs the best chance.

Let us know what you decide!

mschronic
11 months ago

Thanks all. I’ll make sure to discuss this with my Neuro and psychiatrist.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.