northernlass 30/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
ATOS Assesment for PIP at last…

I have finally gotten my date for my PIP assessment and as I requested, it will be held at my home… It’s been quite a long wait since they recieved my paperwork 17th of May 2014.. so 33 weeks in total. I only got a home assessment because I asked for one and I said I didn’t know how I would be feeling on the day, if I was physically able to drive to my nearest centre for assessment (Brentwood apparently.. 45 minutes each way drive away..) or not and as I had waited for such a long time I wouldn’t want to delay my assessment. The nice lady on the phone said the only way I would fit the criteria for a home assessment is if I had to have home visits from my GP… (??????? 🙁 ) I told her I have never gone to see my GP in relation to having MS as the Neuro and MS nurse are only 5 minutes drive away at our local hospital…(With parking). She did say I could get a taxi to and from the center.. pay for it and claim it back… God knows how much that would cost.. maybe £80/£90 🙁 and then wait what 33 weeks for the refund..??!!!.. anyway all is good.. home visit in a week.. decision could be 4-8 weeks after then.. but better get swatting up on my leaflets so I’m quite prepared.. all crossed (If I could) 😀

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

It’s a shame that the “nice lady on the phone” isn’t aware of the variable nature of this condition.

Yes, do your preparation. Then, hopefully, you’ll get a belated Xmas present. 😉

3 years ago

Hello. Good news on the assessment. What leaflets are you referring too?
I am still waiting for this particular merry-go-round to start.

3 years ago

Hi @openminded I asked at MS UK for some of their leaflets (More like a book) on claiming PIP and they sent them quickly so I’ve had them quite a while.. need to re-read them now.. I think you could speak to someone about benefits at MS UK openminded.. and they can help you specifically and yes @stumbler I’m hoping for a nice little back payment so I can put it towards an auto-matic car as I wasn’t able to drive my manual at one point so hoping that I will get a nice chunk to put towards that.. 🙂

3 years ago

That’s great news @northernlass! I had my assessment nearly 4 weeks ago and it’s now just a nervous wait for their decision. Good luck!

3 years ago

Makes me cross as to why it takes so long to sort out an assessment in the first place and then bloody cheek to say they may take 4-8 weeks until they make their decision about your claim…. :-/ its a complete shambles.. even the lady on the phone was saying how bad it is.. they haven’t handled this transition from DLA to PIP at all well.. fingers crossed for you to hear good news very soon @Chate let us know 😀

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.