mattymohawk 30/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
at last

since diagnosis in 2011 i have never met anyone else with ms until yesterday when i came across an ms society table in the qe hospital.i shook hands with a woman who was diagnosed almost 30 years back and a man who was diagnosed in 1988 and both were still on their feet so today i woke up brimming with positivity and hope (both have been lacking lately).gave me the boost i needed and gona do some volunteering as well.nemaste peeps

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

brokendancer
3 years ago

The first time I met someone with MS was a few months after diagnosis, it was in the offices I worked at, well in the loos to be exact. I had just flushed BUT I thought I heard a clatter, sure enough when I came out of the cubicle there was a lady on the floor. She had tripped and hit her face on the cabinet surrounding the basins! I was glad to help her and go fetch her work colleagues but it did give me shocking realisation of what it’s like to see me fall and I know why my Mum usually has a hand on my elbow, just in case.

So glad you’ve had a more positive experience 🙂 and it’s spurred you on to do something good

Sonia x

mattymohawk
3 years ago

thats a different way to meet people but seems like you were meant to be there.i hate when the depression creeps in and it has been on my back for months (i feel weak when i feel weak if that makes any sense) and i had heard stories and read on the net of people going decades without relapses that left them badly disabled and to get to shake hands with the living proof was amazing.two seemingly ordinary people have gave me the boot in the ass i needed lol.now i hope i can do the same for at least one other ms’er and my smile will last for years.sorry to hear your mom gets upset,my mom is the same but i’m sure if they could read our minds they would see that we’re ok 😆

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.