krisp 19/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Arm issues

Does anyone have arm issues
To add to the long list of problems I’m having IVE now got cold achey painful arms on and off
It’s a dull ache but with a cold feeling along the arm on and off

Also is it normal for sumptoms to come and go throughout the day? Some points I feel completely normal

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

@krisp , are you taking anything for this type of neuropathic pain, e.g. Amitriptyline, Gabapentin or Pregabelen?

2 years ago

In the past two weeks my right arm has been like a dead weight sometimes. But get a sharp shooting pain from elbow to wrist occasionally. My consultant has said it could be linked to the lesions on spinal cord.

2 years ago

Hi stumbler no pain relief no
I don’t have time by the time I get used to one symltom something else comes on and the pervious drug isn’t as good for it
I understand I’m getting very anxious now but i can’t help it wih everything that’s gojng on, I now have spasticity in all limbs!
Is it possible for thtis to slow down or even common? I Don’t see how long I can last like this
And what did your consultant say regarding the arm? Also are you RRms or PPMS

2 years ago

@krisp , you really need to chill out about this situation. Your constant worrying and self-diagnosis just isn’t helping you.

The brain does not deal with worry/stress very well, releasing chemicals that have an adverse effect on your Central Nervous System (CNS). And, your CNS is what you believe is being threatened.

I know you’re someone who likes to be in control, so exercise this control on your worry/stress levels. 😉

2 years ago

Hi stumbler
Thanks again mate appreicate it
I’m trying all o can to reduce stress
I’m having a week away this week to get my head off and make the most of the weather and my family
Hopefully I’ll come back better
Mri results this week to

2 years ago

Hi @krisp,@stumbler I sympathise with your arm problems I have a steady pain in my lower right arm and if I stretch my arm I get a real sharp pain all the way from my shoulder to my thumb. I’ve spoke to my GP and my MS nurse and all they could say was they think I’ve pulled a muscle!!!
I am on gabapentin but is doesn’t seem to be doing anything

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.