Last reply 1 year ago
Are TVs producers with ms here?

I kinda gave up on my career post dx after horrible bosses weren’t the most forgiving about time off and made me feel like I wasn’t wanted or needed anymore… worked a tiny bit since but desperate to get back in the game like before. All self belief disappeared and kinda wanna get myself back again. Has anyone managed s tv/media situation in work? Right now mainly upset that I gave up my healthy 20s working ridiculously hard for a slap in the face come my 30s and ms. Xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

idkmybffhaley
1 year ago

Hello!

I’m a freelance media producer. I do some occasional producing work for public local stations. In my situation, I was diagnosed with MS just as I was about to start my career, so I have never experienced working in the media field without it. The MS definitely makes it difficult because the symptoms are so unpredictable and the field is nonstop and unpredictable as well.

The main thing for me is just knowing my limits. I do have to turn down a lot of work because of it, and that’s often really frustrating. I haven’t even attempted to get a full time position in the field because I know how it is. Most of the work I do now is on my own terms (and not financially stable). It’s a struggle.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.