missrachel 19/05/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Anyone from London?

It’s so crazy because you cannot physically see the condition, so you don’t know if anybody has it.

Particularly in South London, I’m keen to join my local support group but nervous also and hoping there are at least a few younger people. I’m 18 and newly diagnosed.

Been feeling kind of low and alone whilst coming to terms with my diagnosis but I know it’ll get better with time.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Had one of my rare trips south of the river earlier today in Dulwich. My normal stomping ground is Central London though and Watford where I live! 🙂
(my ex who also has MS was brought up near Brixton but she lives in East London now)

missrachel
5 years ago

oh the seems cool. How did you find your support group? And what kind of things did you do? Do you go every week?

Thanks 😀

DJDsouza
5 years ago

My support group is my friends and family 🙂 Went to south for a friend’s son’s 1st birthday, central is where I work and near Watford is where I live and where I go to an MS keep-fit class.

There are also meetups in Central London every few months for a MS social group called My Spirited friends and will post the details of future meetups on here as well! 🙂

Gav
5 years ago

Hey Rachel,

I knock abour in Croydon, I’m up for helping some sort of south London get together. London is such a busy place, yet at times it can feel so empty too.

highheeledfagin
5 years ago

I grew up in East but now live in North London, though at 28 I’d now hesitate to call myself young. It can be quite isolating having nobody who knows firsthand what you’re going through, but it seems you know ways to tackle this and being on this forum could well play a part in that. i was diagnosed when I was 19 and at uni, but I’m more of an avoider and decided to not really get involved in the community aspect as I felt I needed to not let the MS make itself important – it half worked, and eventually I got to a point where I was more comfortable looking into things. MS does have a bit of a PR problem in that most people think that the only people who get MS are mums and aunties, and young people are less visible.

jeannie
5 years ago

I’m also in North London and have no idea if I’ve ever met anyone with MS!
Would love to meet up with anyone

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Every few months a group called My Spirited Friends meet up in the Benugo Bar in BFI Southbank. (they aren’t a spiritual group, just have MS!)

Next meet up’s on June 16th and there’s lots of great people!
http://www.myspiritedfriends.com/

jeannie
5 years ago

What a shame I’ll be away for the June one- looks great fun and I have put the August date in my diary

reddivine
5 years ago

What a great group! Although I am over 40 and don’t live in London I think it looks a really fun group!

zak492
5 years ago

Hiya!

I am new on this site, I am also 18 and live in london, though in the east! Support groups do help, it does help meeting others with MS face to face, and I think you should give it a shot!

desbanks
5 years ago

Reppin da West of London to the fullest

jman
5 years ago

Don’t have MS (but other long term condition) but I do live in N London

J reddivines other arf!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.