petal87 22/02/18
Last reply 3 weeks ago

Hello all,

Does anyone take his for sleep issues? I’ve only just started taking it and have slept better (not amazingly mind) but I am hungover and spaced out in the day. I’m just not sure wether is worth pushing through to see if it improves or muddle along as I have done for so long. Would be great to hear anyone’s experiences.

Petal x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

3 weeks ago

Hi Petal,

Yes, I took it for a few years. It did help with sleep but I was taking it for headache issues. It helped quite a bit with them. I opted to wean off because I thought I was having other side effects … turns out it wasn’t the amitriptyline after all, but I’m still happy to be off it. Although I do miss the sleepiness it caused at night! I never felt weird during the day though, maybe you’ve got too high a dose?

3 weeks ago

@petal87 , you can avoid (hopefully) the “zombie effect” the next day, by taking Amitriptyline no later than 12 hours before you intend to get up the next day.

Sweet dreams. 😉

3 weeks ago

Hi there, have just come off of these after 10 years for headaches. Only 10mgs per day, but my goodness, I never got over those groggy mornings. Yep, 12 hours before getting up is a good idea. Powerful little mites they are. Funnily enough, thinking about starting up again as I read that they are prescribed for altered sensations, my biggest MS bugbear!

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your helpful comments 🙂 I’ve just taken one and will set my alarm later so fingers crossed. Today has been very difficult at work with feel so groggy but I want to see if it does help. Neuro said that it may also help with the discomfort/pain I get in my face and back of my head, so we will see! Xxx

3 weeks ago

@petal87, I take 10mg at night for altered sensation. It definitely works and, for me, the grogginess has got better as time has gone on. I take it 12 hours before I get up so 7-8 depending on whether I’m working.
Good luck with it.

3 weeks ago

Thank you guys for your advice! I felt SO much better today xxx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.