Last reply 3 years ago
Am I a wuss?

Got diagnosed in March after 5-6 years of being told it was stress/anxiety in the meantime i left my husband and me and my two kids are living with my mum. Today I didn’t go to my cousins wedding cos I really didn’t feel upto it but also felt awkward (the whole crutches/wheelchair issue) been told to ‘deal with it’ finding that quite difficult.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Unfortunately, the people who tell us to “deal with it”, haven’t got the faintest clue what we’re having to deal with!

But, you’ve had one helluva year so far. All this must have really ramped up your stress levels, which in turn probably made you feel even worse.

Parading yourself out in a wheelchair/crutches has to be achieved when you feel comfortable in doing it. So, your cousin’s wedding just wasn’t the right time for you.

You need some time to come to terms with everything that is going on in your life. So, find time for yourself and be patient.

grahamjk
3 years ago

Hi, Where to start? first of all YOU are not a wuss!! losing a loved one is bad enough but being diagnosed aswell is a lot to take in your stride. Like @stumbler say’s, people who say “Deal with it” don’t have the first clue just how much you have to deal with. Like yourself I too lost my wife of nearly ten years in January then got diagnosed in April so I can understand the pain and stress you are feeling. But @stumbler talks a lot of sense, you only go to public functions when you are good and ready, after all it’s not your fault you have this illness and don’t let anybody make you feel worse, after all you are better than that.

graham100
3 years ago

Hmmm. Not sure I understand the left my husband bit? Was he not able to cope? You need people that can help and don’t mind helping. The wheelchair stuff be tough and don’t worry about what others think, that’s there problem,, good luck.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.