potter 21/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Alpha Lipoic Acid

I was thinking about taking some Alpha Lipoic Acid now that the researchers have proven that it slows down brain shrinkage in MSer’s. I was wondering what dosage other people were taking, I read a recommendation of 600mg recently. Potter

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

matt1216
1 year ago

ALA acts as a metal chelator and easily crosses the blood brain barrier. I would advise against it though as you can do some serious damage to yourself if you don’t know what you’re doing. MS is a meaningless name for a group of symptoms. The root causes of your symptoms are chronic Lyme disease, heavy metal toxicity and fungal overgrowth. I made a post about this this morning, it’s called the “the root causes of MS”. Knowledge is power.

theandyman
1 year ago

Matt1216 – So if I can fix the root cause can I reverse all this that has happened to me?

vasy
1 year ago

Hi @potter
ALA helped me magically with a minor sensory relapse some time ago.
The only issue is that it lowers glucose levels at high doses (1800) at least for me. To the level where I almost fainted the day I took 3 tablets by a mistake.
600 two times a day worked well for me.

potter
1 year ago

Vasy thank you for your answer, I had read that 600mg daily was a dosage that didn’t give you any side effects. I am not having any major problems except cognitive. I think I might start out with 300 in the morning and 300 at night. One of my aunts who had MS died from brain shrinkage, I want to do anything I can to slow it down. Potter

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.