Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

becklawther
5 months ago

Hi Susan, I don’t have one of these pumps myself so wouldn’t know. Do you have MS nurse? You could talk to them or try contacting your neurologist for help. Sorry I can’t be more help.

highlander
5 months ago

Hi @susan_crosby_irwin
Welcome to the club!
I can’t help with the pump I’m afraid, do you have an ms nurse you can contact they should be able to assist, or whoever fitted the pump I would think they would be able to give you the right advice.
I would ask them.
Maybe @stumbler might have more advice.
Keep smiling.

peterfrancis
5 months ago

Hi @susan_crosby_irwin

I am not familiar with the Baclofen Pump, had no idea there even was such a thing, so unfortunately I’m unable to offer any assistance sorry.

peterfrancis
5 months ago

http://nbiacure.org/learn/living-with-nbia/what-is-a-baclofen-pump/

According to that a Doctor Programmes how much Baclofen the Pump delivers.

stumbler
5 months ago

@susan_crosby_irwin , Here’s the recommendations of NICE (about ½ way down the page, under “By intrathecal injection” :-

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/baclofen.html

mlgilber1
5 months ago

I saw a doctor about the pump and she said they keep you in the hospital for a couple days to play around with the dosage. I know it’s automatically programmed and she said it can even be programmed to give a higher dosage at different times of day depending on when your spasticity is worse and there’s even a boost button on the remote if you need an extra boost of medication. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact dosages they typically use.

dramaqueen
3 months ago

I take baclofen tablets and if i take more than prescribed i feel vague. So watch out that you dont have too much.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.