Last reply 1 year ago
Access to work Grant

Hi Everyone,

Hope you’re all keeping well. Any MS-ers who are still in work- you might want to check out an Access to Work grant. I was tipped off by my OT but don’t think I would have heard about it otherwise. It’s basically a grant for practical support to keep you in work and they can award up to £40k for equipment, travel costs and anything that will help you in your job.

First stage is a quick, easy online form that took me about 20 mins. They then send you a ton of other forms but if you have information processing difficulties and/or typing issues then they can complete forms for you over the phone.

I’ve just had my workplace assessment which was quite funny. I work from home as a tutor so I had little to show them beyond a desk and a chair…. However, they’re recommending a bespoke chair, laptop stand, voice activated software and money for taxis.

My experience has been that they understand MS and there was no frustrating explaining or justification (refreshing!). Assessment was more just to see that you’re genuine about working and to give equipment recommendations.

So yes, worth a shot if you’re eligible. I’ve been through the process and hopefully getting stuff soon so give me a shout with questions/help with form. My sense is that they want you to make suggestions for what could be useful then they just approve it.

Hannah
x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

This is for UK Members only.

Here’s a link to help you find out more :- https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/overview

Thanks for highlighting this grant, @polepole

polepole
1 year ago

@stumbler Ah ha- I didn’t know if link would work! Good call.

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Another plus for team ms that’s lovely thank you very much forgot about this. 👍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.