Last reply 1 year ago
A new type of pain…

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. Recently I’ve been getting a strange pain in my throat when I’m eating. It’s not in the usual place where you get a sore throat, it feels higher, more up towards my ears. It’s coincided with my appetite disappearing so with the two things combined I’m really struggling to eat. Anyone know what I’m talking about?!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@niccis , MS can cause a variety of swallowing problems. More details here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/swallowing

Give your MS Nurse a call and discuss this problem.

cameron
1 year ago

Sounds like my acid reflux. I take a daily tablet for it, but it still sometimes happens – just as you describe, there’s a strange sensation round the ears and deep in the throat, but not like a normal sore throat -real pain. I find that a very quick fix is to chew or suck a couple of Rennies Orange tablet at the first sign – instant relief. If this doesn’t work for you, perhaps it’s MS-related. If it is acid reflux, there are tips for reducing/preventing it but it would be wise to tell the GP in any case. xx

sandwich
1 year ago

Any swelling?

In the past I’ve had blocked salivary glands (salivary duct stones). All pre MS and totally unrelated. Every-time I ate I would get a fairly intense sharp pain and a lump high up in my jaw. It put me off eating but wasn’t serious.

Whatever is causing the pain I’d speak to your GP. It may or may not be MS related.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.