Last reply 6 years ago
Working Abroad?

Hi Everyone, I’m new to this site but am hoping I can find out if anyone knows if it is possible to work abroad with MS and if you can get DMDs when you’re away ? I don’t have any definite plans yet just wondering how possible it is?
Thanks
DaniXx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

GMG
6 years ago

Hi DaniM, I think a lot will depend on how long you go for, which country you go to (EU or non-EU) and also what your status there is – whether you go as a local or an ex-pat (if it’s for an extended period). I would guess places like the FCO and your doctor may have more information?

Ozi77
6 years ago

I’ve been all over Europe and also to New York with Copaxone in my hand luggage. All i’ve ever taken with me is a cold box for the Copaxone, small sharps bin and a letter from my MS nurse.

The letter ill cover you should you be asked, just make sure you mention the injections at check in.

Cariad
6 years ago

I have no idea whether you can get your DMDs abroad but Ozi77 is right, you can certainly take them with you from here. If you want to work abroad, don’t let your MS stop you. I worked in Holland for a year (before being diagnosed with MS) and it was amazing-both from a personal and professional point of view. The world’s your oyster…yes, having MS might mean making certain special arrangements but don’t let it get in the way of your dreams.x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.