Last reply 7 years ago
What is a cure for MS?

Many MSers want to be given a cure for MS, but what does this mean? Do we want a pill which halts the progression? Do we want our health to return to the state it was prior to getting MS? Do we want both?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

cathy74
7 years ago

Both 🙂 Although I’m realistic, so I’d settle for something to halt the pregression, and some improvement of function is restored it’d be a massive bonus x

Ozi77
7 years ago

a cure would be to stop MS in it’s tracks before it has an opportunity to cause any sort of permanent disfunction.

I now have second progressive MS and a cure for me would be to not only halt the illness in it’s tracks, but to also repair damage caused to nerves and muscles and any/all brain legions. in geeky terms, a complete format of the hard drive (my whole being!) with a fresh install of Windows (personality/character, etc) with all the data i have accumalated over the years (backups – life experiences to date, etc) nicely restored into a brand spanking Ozi 2.0 version of myself!

I would want to keep every MS memory with me for that is what has made me the super positive, not afraid of anything person i am today!

ghada
7 years ago

I would like it if we to be able to stop progression! and with advances in stem cell therapy to be able to reverse some of the permanent damage thats been caused.
x

vitamin
7 years ago

I’m with the ‘system restore’ camp. But do think that having this ridiculous, idiopathic disease has made me more aware of trying to live in the moment and appreciate good things while they last. If a cure comes that would be great and it might halt the progression, but will it rub out current disability? And make me look younger? Oh. Sorry, that’s about getting old isn’t it? Anyway bring on the stem cells!

funnybank
7 years ago

have you read the neuro steroid stuff? more than anything i wish the scientists would work out whatever the hell causes it and then reverse/replace/repair it all.

Mawson
7 years ago

I’m with Ozi77, also have secondary progressive and use a wheelchair much more than I would like. Main problem, I think, is that they have no idea what causes it in the first place. However they seem to be getting closer.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.