mimi
5 years ago
The Recovery Diet & DMD

Was dx 3 weeks ago, read George Jelinek’s book and am now on the recovery diet. I’m breastfeeding too so can’t start any DMD yet, thinking i’ll start Copaxane but not 100% sure. How many of you have said no to DMD?

Is anyone on this diet? how long have you been on it for? any signs it’s helped?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Hi Mimi! I have been on Avonex for about the same amount of time as I’ve been doing the diet. In that sense it’s tricky to know exactly what’s working, but I like to think it’s at least a combination of the two…

I had a bit of a relapse in January, however that was my first in 11 months. For me, that’s the longest time relapse-free since I before I had MS! So something’s working…

Remember in Jelinek’s book, he makes the point that it can take 3-5 years for the benefit of the diet to become apparent. So it might pay to keep that in mind, and maybe you’ll want to take some DMD in the meantime. I actually think I remember reading that you can take Copaxone while breastfeeding? Don’t take my word on it, but you might want to check that out…

Hope I helped a little! xx

Thanks Rachie.

I’ve just started reading Judy Graham’s ‘Managaging MS Naturally’ and now i’m even more confused about what to eat and whether or not to start DMD. Have you read her book?
How many months/years have you been on Avonex? were you on something before? Apart from changing your diet have you followed Jelinek’s advice about sun/exercise/vitamin supplements?
Regards,
Mimi

Hi both

Reading your chat has just inspired me to visit amazon and buy the books you mention. Thanks for the tips!

Take care
Alex

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.