Last reply 6 years ago
Stress

Hey all!I am new here – official ms since June!Can I ask, do others find symptoms exacerbate when they are feeling stressed? Legs are feeling more wobbley (and weirdly light as opposed to heavy!?!) at the moment! The MS fun and games!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

mattymohawk
6 years ago

Hello.i’m new aswell.got diagnosed 1st september.i got definate link with stress n symptoms.was almost 100% over the episode n then got in a situation n since then my legs get tired easy n feels like right hand side of me is on fire.i’ve been told to start tai chi to keep calm.

stumbler
6 years ago

No doubt you will be told that there is only anecdotal evidence that stress negatively affects MS.
However, I am a firm believer as I can trace two major relapses to exceptionally stressful times.

Irene
6 years ago

I definitely feel worse when there is stress in my life!

Gav
6 years ago

I had a relapse set off pre diagnosis before I was diagnosed on my first driving test/ Needless to say I didn’t pass.

Gav
6 years ago

would appear that my MS scrambled brain fidddled with the order of my words. Face palm.

Lillylilly
6 years ago

I’m the same, Stumbler. I was going through a very stressful two weeks and got my first symptoms which led to a diagnosis within the same week. I definitely feel worse when stressed. My optical neuritus flares up within hours. I’ve started meditating and using aromatherapy/ relaxation CDs to de- stress. It’s difficult trying to change your way of managing it but it definitely helps… I’m a stress-head at heart!!!

missfi
6 years ago

Hi Vanessa..most defnitely stress will just about always bring on some form of relapse.I recently had a close family member pass away and had to deal with all their affairs…then BANG – relapse.

vanessa
6 years ago

Ah thanks for all your replies – interestingly every attack I’ve had is when I’m going through emotional stress but doctors do dismiss this as a cause for a relapse!?! Aromatherapy sounds good and relaxation cds! Thanks!

GMG
6 years ago

I’m surprised you say doctors dismiss stress as a cause for relapse – the Newly Diagnosed sessions organised by my MS nurse actually highlighted stress from major life events (deaths, job loss, relationship breakdown etc.) as being a contributory factor to the chance of a relapse. Maybe it’s one of those things that varies according to who you talk to in the healthcare world!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.