vgalpin83 23/03/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Regular blood tests on rebif

Hiya

Ive been on rebif since sept last year however, i have only had one blood test since then, am i supposed to be having them every month to see if i have these neutralising antibody things?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

T
6 years ago

When I started Rebif (I’m now on Copaxone), I think (if I remember correctly) I had my blood tested once a month for the first three months and then at six-monthly intervals. Rebif can have an effect on the liver, so this needs to be checked regularly. On the blood test forms they fill out it would be FBC (full blood count), LFT (liver function) and TFT (thyroid function) – again if i remember correctly.

In terms of NABs (neutralising antibodies), you specifically have to ask for that test. Not all neuros will do it, even if you ask. From what I understand, NABs can develop after about six months of starting treatment, so the neuros who do test for them usually do so after around one year.

Keep us updated as to what the stance of your neuro is. I’m so glad that I was tested for them because the Rebif wasn’t actually doing anything any longer!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.