5 years ago
Recovering from a relapse… very stiff knees! help!

Im in the process of recovering from my first relapse which took me off my feet for 3 months! although i am walking again, its obvious that its not a normal walk! my knees feel stiff and i feel like they almost “lock” out straight whilst im walking. its really getting me down.. any advice please?! x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

have you been able to see a physiotherapiost yet? They can do some marvelous work, pretty too (even the blokes lol)

I’d agree with Gav’s comment above. Physios are wonderful people – they may even have a neurophysio department at your neurology outpatients. Call them to find out as some accept self-referrals, otherwise ask your MS nurse to refer you. MS Therapy Centres around the country have physios as well.

Thank you! I havent been to see a physio yet but my MS did say she would refer me. ive not heard anything yet, but i suppose with xmas and stuff i should give her a chance 🙂 definitely will ask again because i do think i would really benefit! thanks guys! x

i was exactly the same after my replase…my legs were so stiff i felt like i was walking on sticks. but my physio gave me some amazing exercises!
basically you stand up straight and then bend your knees but try not to ‘lock’ them. i think you have to stick your tummy out slightly to avoid that and do it quite slowly. i used to do this about 60 times a day and it def worked.

good luck!x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.