Cedelle 02/01/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Recovering from a relapse… very stiff knees! help!

Im in the process of recovering from my first relapse which took me off my feet for 3 months! although i am walking again, its obvious that its not a normal walk! my knees feel stiff and i feel like they almost “lock” out straight whilst im walking. its really getting me down.. any advice please?! x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

6 years ago

have you been able to see a physiotherapiost yet? They can do some marvelous work, pretty too (even the blokes lol)

6 years ago

I’d agree with Gav’s comment above. Physios are wonderful people – they may even have a neurophysio department at your neurology outpatients. Call them to find out as some accept self-referrals, otherwise ask your MS nurse to refer you. MS Therapy Centres around the country have physios as well.

6 years ago

Thank you! I havent been to see a physio yet but my MS did say she would refer me. ive not heard anything yet, but i suppose with xmas and stuff i should give her a chance 🙂 definitely will ask again because i do think i would really benefit! thanks guys! x

i was exactly the same after my replase…my legs were so stiff i felt like i was walking on sticks. but my physio gave me some amazing exercises!
basically you stand up straight and then bend your knees but try not to ‘lock’ them. i think you have to stick your tummy out slightly to avoid that and do it quite slowly. i used to do this about 60 times a day and it def worked.

good luck!x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.