Last reply 7 years ago
Pilates DVD advice please!

Hi
Can anyone suggest a good beginners pilates video for us MSer’s, I know of the Sally Gunnell one, I want to do this at home rather than at my local MS centre, does anybody find Pilates very beneficial, I would love the encouragement!
LouLou

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

gmg
7 years ago

Hi LouLou, I did pilates for a while pre-MS and found it was the only time my cellulite disappeared! 😉 It was really good for general muscle stretches and things, and I found it quite relaxing. I’d definitely recommend giving it a go. Only thing about doing at home is that if you haven’t got the position completely right, there’s no one to point it out to you. But see how you get on – once you get used to the idea, you may want to join a class anyway as it can be quite addictive! I don’t know of any particular videos but I’m sure there’s plenty out there – maybe ask if the MS centre knows one you could try out?

loulou
7 years ago

Many thanks for your reply! I thought maybe I would of had a few more?? obviously there are not many people who have tried this, I get great relief from sitting on my knees and stretching my arms out with my head on the floor,, apparently this is a pilates move! I find my self doing this many times a day, I am going to go to a class once a week and follow up at home with a DVD and see how I go, everyone does keep advising Pilates! thanks

t
7 years ago

Hi LouLou

I’ve done pilates and yoga for a while. Had to stop when I had some non-MS related problems but am trying to find the time to take it up again as I found both really helpful in terms of muscle strength and generally feeling really good afterwards! I completely agree with GMG about classes being good in that there’s someone to tell you if you’re not doing it quite right! More often than not I’d get into a position and be quite happily thinking I was doing brilliantly only to be shifted about a bit and find it wasn’t actually that easy! Lol.

sooty
7 years ago

Hi Lou Lou,
I have just started Yoga which is gentle stretching and addressing balance.I am lucky as friends have a yoga teacher and there are only 4 of us, so I get lots of attention and stop when it is too much.I have found it good tho and plan to carry on..body willing!!
Sue

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.