Last reply 7 years ago
Migraines

Has anyone suffered from migraines? Someone I know with MS suffers from them really badly. Not sure if it’s an MS thing or not. Sometimes they’re so bad she throws up and she’s having to increase her painkillers whenever one comes on. Has anyone else experienced them and if so what has helped?x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

cathy74
7 years ago

Hey T, yep I have hellish migraines, had them since I was about 14. I usually get them about once a month now (always the week before my period is due). If it’s a particularly bad one, I throw up, and find light very painful so tend to stay in with the blinds closed. I was prescribed topiramate, which worked a treat for two years, then it seemed to stop working and also caused numbness in my hands and feet to get worse so came off it. I’m not taking anything at the moment, just reply on Syndol (over counter headache tablets), they make me drowsy, when I wake up the migraine is either gone or reduced enough for me to cope. Hope this helps xx

T
7 years ago

Thanks Cathy! I’ll pass the info on. I used to suffer from awful migraines as a teenager but haven’t (touch wood) had one for many years. My friend has been having a really rough time of it though and it’s always a hard one trying to figure out whether it’s an MS thing or hormonal or what!

cathy74
7 years ago

Hey, I think it’s a bit of both, it’s my hormones that seem to trigger the migraines, but they seem worse because it exasperates ms symptoms like numbness and fatigue. Hope your friend feels better, they should definately mention it to the Neuro at their next appointment though as there’s quite a few things available to treat them xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.