Last reply 6 years ago
I really hate it when…

my family think it’s acceptable to make fun of my MS sympyoms. I take things in a light-hearted way (like when I lose balance or drop things) to ease the tension; but when others make fun of me at a later date, that causes tension…!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

t
6 years ago

i had an incident recently where a friend of mine joked about how i have difficulty finding my words quite frequently.. said it was actually quite endearing and cute.. only i was mega-sensitive about it for some reason and got really upset to the extent i even talked to a speech & language therapist! funny becasue i’m usually the first person to joke about any of my symptoms! guess its just depends on the mood at the time 🙂

gav
6 years ago

Maybe if you spoke to your family and made them aware of your sensetivity on this issue? They might foolishly think that its okay to make a joke out of it at your expense as you already have. If that doesn’t help you could go crazy old cat lady from the simpsons on their arse, that should get you noticed, I’m not saying for the right reasons.

tararo
6 years ago

I speak to my family all the time about this. Also, I have hated being teased since I was a kid and they knew it. So basically they’re bullying me!!! (I really hate it…)

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.