Last reply 6 years ago
Going MAD!!!

Hi all. Just felt the need for a rant. My stupid feet are driving me MAD!!! They have been painful (particularly when too hot) for 4 months now with no sign of going. It’s not a major issue, and I always feel like I shouldn’t complain as my symptoms are generally quite minor but ARRRRRGH!!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Cariad
6 years ago

Have you tried amitriptyline-this is what I am told to take sometimes for sensation problems – both painful ones and also pins and needles. I sympathise though-my arms, hands and my fingers especcially are exactly the same as your feet right now:( I think there’s a few different drugs out there that either a doc or MS nurse can suggest so you don’t necessarily have to ‘just put up with it’. xx

Cariad
6 years ago

Hi Gem, I just got back from the docs where I mentioned how painful my hands and arms are and sure enough, he said to go back on amitriptyline for a few days.x

Gem
6 years ago

Hello. I’ve got nortriptyline but it doesn’t seem to be doing that much. The only plus really is that it stops me being so fidgety and uncomfortable at night so at least I can get some sleep!! Worry with amitriptyline is the next day drowsiness – just wont work with my job :(. Still. Could be worse and at least it’s Friday!!! Pretty sure red wine will help! X

Cariad
6 years ago

I find that if I take amitriptyline just before I go to bed, I’m not drowsy at all the day after (I work in a lab so like you, it’s not an option)although when I was on it just after steroids, it gave me 8 hours of sleep rather than the 3 I was getting after the steroids:) My normal dose when I take amitriptyline (just when sensation is a problem) is 10mg and the most I’ve ever taken is 20mg when it wasn’t helping so my MS nurse said to up it to 20mg. Hope you find something to help soon. x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.