Last reply 6 years ago
Exercise DVD suggestions?

I’m looking to buy a fitness DVD-any ideas? I’m stuck at home a lot at the mo but I’m looking for a DVD-with a largely cardio based workout that I can just do ‘as much (or as little)’ as I want or can manage…something that’s easy to follow, fun, actually does do some good and yet is manageable…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Cariad
6 years ago

I’m looking to loose some weight (although not loads) and tone up and get my fitness back up. The last year for me has included really bad patches where I’m wheelchair bound but at the moment, my legs are pretty ‘normal’ so I really want to start making the most of the good patches with doing some physical get up and go exercise lol. Anyone able to recommend a good DVD?xx

Gav
6 years ago

The MS trust have done a physio/workout dvd with everyones GMTV favourite Mr Motivator ( i know, I thought he was dead too). You can pick it up from here http://www.mstrust.org.uk/information/publications/moveit.jsp and it only costs a quid too. It may not quite fit the bill for your whole weight loss bit, but it should tick all your other boxes =)

Cariad
6 years ago

The weight loss is more a case of getting rid of the ‘flabby bits’ (that my boyfriend genuinely doesn’t seem to see haha)rather than a number as the scales tell me (and the doc) I’m an ideal weight. I’m very conscious of the lovely passion handles in particular and as my confidence has taken a knock, I’m keen to feel both like I’ve really achieved something by getting fitter etc and also little happier with my body again. Before my MS got in the way, I used to be pretty fit and active so it’s even more noticeable how little I do now:( Will have a look at that link now. Thanks:)

GMG
6 years ago

It’s good that your b/f doesn’t seem to see the bits you don’t like 😀 Means you can concentrate on changing them without feeling pressured! *lol* If you can get a physio assessment done through your MS nurse or neuro, they should be able to give you some advice as to which exercises will also build up your muscle tone etc to help your body cope if you have a relapse in the future. DVDs-wise, if you like dancing, those tend to give cardio workouts as well as tone legs and waist – zumba in particular is good for the torso from knees up to chest!

sara123
6 years ago

hey,
I do zumba and I love it!
its really toned my body up and makes me really high and happy.
I can def recommend it!
Ive got the zumba 1 with toning sticks,what I love about it its got about 5dvds to choose from, whatever mood Im in or how I feel I got a dvd to match it! Theres even 20min express dvd if your very tired or running out of time. I think whatever your fitness level it’ll be good and fun for you, sometimes if I feel the moves are too difficult or strenuous I just dance it out! lol
try it! it’ll change your life, you’ll feel fit, happy and most importantly SEXY! LOL 🙂

GMG
6 years ago

Sara123 – it’s addictive isn’t it!? 😀 I started with one class a week. Now I do two and I’m looking for more classes on different days so if I miss one because I’m too tired then at least there’s another one I can go to. I try to go out to classes as it gets me out of the house, but the Wii Zumba Fitness is also good – I tried that out at Christmas on someone’s Wii console and LOVED it. Plus, the fact my husband has started paying me compliments on how nice I’m looking these days gives me an incentive to keep going, even when fatigue is creeping up on me and trying to stop me!? 🙂

T
6 years ago

I can’t say enough good things about Zumba. You can do it at your own pace, it’s a great cardio workout, great for toning and strengthening from the knees upwards and sara123 is right – it makes you feel sexy!!!!! my instructor is a vivacious brazilian lady who is constantly saying “girls, girls, you need to dance sexxxxy” LOL. Honestly, I come out feeling so great I feel as though I can conquer the world! (well until the next morning when I ache all over! lol) x

Gav
6 years ago

Can us blokes join in the whole Zumba thing too, or is it a ladies only zone?

GMG
6 years ago

Blokes can do it too except for some reason it’s more popular with ladies in this country. The whole concept was actually started by a bloke. To put it in context though, one of the classes I go to has about 50 ladies, and two guys (one of which is the instructor!?). All about confidence though – if you enjoy dancing and want to give it a go, I’d say go for it. I keep trying to get my husband to come along but I think the lack of other males there puts him off!?

Cariad
6 years ago

Thanks guys…ordered the MS trust DVD and I’m gonna give zumba a go with that 5 dvd set. I can just ‘do a little, as my body dictates’ and also to build up a little fitness to be able to manage a bit more of a class. Not a hope in hell of me managing a whole class but hey, baby steps at a time:)

ultradeluxe
6 years ago

Biogen released “My MS Yoga”, which was formulated in conjunction with Baron Baptiste, who happens to be an incredible, inspirational yogi. It’s pretty fantastic. And you can get it for free! http://www.msactivesource.com/ms-yoga.xml

Cariad
6 years ago

Is the MS Yoga only available in America?? I’m in the UK:/

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.