John 20/03/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Everything’s Changed

I took my 7 year old boy to the park to kick a ball around. I staggered n stumbled 4 a bit n called him close 2 show him how 2 flick a ball up. I had 2 hold his hand 2 balance so I could put my foot on the ball then it really dawned on me. When he was born I was dreaming of this. Then

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

John
6 years ago

well then MS slowly changed everything. Jack holds MY hand, He’s never known it any different but I remember. 🙁

Lillylilly
6 years ago

John, that makes me so sad to read.
But try to think of the positives, in that he will become helpful and supportive to people with limited mobility. He won’t be discriminatory of people who look different or have diasbilities. He will be a natural helper.
And he also see you as YOU. He won’t pity you or feel sorry for you. He won’t see the change, he’ll just see YOU!

funnybank
6 years ago

you’re a good dad, you love him

Henks
6 years ago

love <3

Gem
6 years ago

John that actually brought a tear to my eye because I can just hear how much it upsets you. But you have to try not to let it. He just loves you for you – not what you can or can’t do. The same way you would still love him if it was the other way round. And as Lilly said, what a lovely caring young man he will turn out to be – and that is worth it’s weight in gold – a son to really be proud of. X

mschronic
6 years ago

John- your son understands that you won’t be able to play with him like other dads but you know what I think it’s great that you try even when you’re experiencing MS symptoms. Some kids with able bodied dads don’t get that. I promise you that he appreciates spending time with his dad even though it means that sometimes he has to hold your hand.

You sound like an amazing dad John- we need more dads like you out there MS or no-MS!

Anthony1
6 years ago

John,I have a son aged 9. It is so hard to take, not being able to do the things you used to be able too. But hang in their and try to laugh when you fall on your backside because if you do your son will and your relationship will blosom!Trust Me, I know.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.