Lillylilly 30/10/11
Last reply 6 years ago
Do you feel your MS more when you’re sick?

Have MS one yr and symptom free for 9 mths.

I have had a bad cold for the last week,coupled with a bout of tonsillitus.

Over the last few days,I have noticed my left leg has a strange sensation when anything touches/ rubs off it.It feels weak too.

Is this normal to have this when sick?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Gem
6 years ago

I’m the same. Diagnosed last May. Had l’hermittes for 3 months this time last year. Nothing since. Had cold 3 weeks ago and had numb/painful feet ever since. MS nurse said was quite common.

Gav
6 years ago

When you have an infection it can bring on MS like symptoms, although they’re not actually a relapse. I got the flu a few years ago, and it put me in hospital for a week over christmas. Bad times. Things do return back to normal once your infection goes.

Lillylilly
6 years ago

Thanks for that. It’s making me feel way better 😀 I love this Shift community!

mattymohawk
6 years ago

You lot are more helpful than you know.had a lovely chest infection for a week & since it started my right leg has been totaly numb & feels freezing.20 tablets a day for a couple more days & should be ok 😐

T
6 years ago

Ditto to the above comments – having infections can make old symptoms resurface. That’s why it’s so important to get the flu jab and keep your vitamins topped up etc.!

janep
6 years ago

I really freaked out the first time this happened, I’d not long been diagnosed and got a cold. After a few days, my leg went numb and really hot- I was convinced it was a relapse but the MS nurses calmed me down! This hasn’t happened since with colds (touch wood!) so it’s not an inevitable response, just an annoying one! Hope you feel better soon! x

Lillylilly
6 years ago

Thanks all. My leg is still a bit spongey or something. Hoping it gets back to normal soon 😀

stumbler
6 years ago

Guys, any infection can cause a pseudo-exacerbation of your MS symptoms. So it’s in your own interests to seek assistance from your GP as soon as you notice an infection.

Mawson
6 years ago

Was sick last week, nothing serious, took me ages to feel normal again.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.