Last reply 7 years ago
Buzzing

I’ve had an email from someone asking “is it normal for buzzing/burning sensations to get worse then better then worse again with progressive MS. I’m pretty new to this and am struggling to know what is MS and what might not be….help” Can anyone help??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

ghada
7 years ago

I suffer both buzzing and burning and yes I find the severity fluctuates depending on how stressed I am and also heat…so last week’s freaky hot weather triggered it. I find keeping cool with a fan and being forced to relax via meditation, yoga etc helps. Also, distracting my brain from the pain by watching a good film, reading a book also works for me. Hope this helps Ghada x

ghada
7 years ago

I suffer both buzzing and burning and yes I find the severity fluctuates depending on how stressed I am and also heat…so last week’s freaky hot weather triggered it. I find keeping cool with a fan and being forced to relax via meditation, yoga etc helps. Also, distracting my brain from the pain by watching a good film, reading a book also works for me. Hope this helps Ghada x

irene
7 years ago

Thanks for that Ghada…it’s good to know it’s normal! I’ve now also worked out how to post myself thanks to Beki

beki
7 years ago

Yay! Welcome to the site Irene! 🙂

helenf
7 years ago

Hey Irene, ive got SPMS but do get burning in my leg and ankle and electricy, itchingy, shivery things going on in my arm. Its there every day but not all the time thank god. It seems to be worse for me when i’m more active. I can sit for ages and watch t.v and it wont do it once, as soon as i get up to do anything it’ll start. My neuro said that usually if you get the nerve pain you wont tend to get the fatigue and this is true for me. The both don’t usually come together. I’m sorry but nothing ive tried makes it any better and the tablets i’m on have side effects that dont help much either. I know that it is different though for everybody so hopefully you’ll find something that eases the feelings. Let me know of any tips? Take it easy, helen x

irene
7 years ago

thanks Helen, my burning is always worse at night,but the buzzing is pretty permanent. no tips as yet, but will certainly let you know if I find any!I’m working so on my feet most of the day, which probably does not help!! Irene

irene
7 years ago

thanks Helen, my burning is always worse at night,but the buzzing is pretty permanent. no tips as yet, but will certainly let you know if I find any!I’m working so on my feet most of the day, which probably does not help!! Irene

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.