sara123 15/09/11
Last reply 6 years ago
ARGGH! REFUSED DLA

ARGHH!so bloody annoyed!! got turned down for DLA the second time round after asking for reconsideration.so stressed! has anyone gone through appeal process??any feedback would really appreciate

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Mawson
6 years ago

I got turned down the first time, accepted on the second attempt though as my MS nurse filled in form. In bother as was turned down as filled in for good days!

Anonymous
6 years ago

I got turned down the first time also I’ve appeal against it but have to wait 11 weeks till they review my case, my new ms nurse has wrote also sent in my medical notes from the consultant and I got a letter from my local mp to fight my case it was lucky I had meet her because of my job she opened one of the houses I work in, it’s so unfair how they do it and ms is so unpredictable good luck Hun xx

damonalderson
6 years ago

i got turned down twice then my ms nurse seid to the DLA people that they dont know anything about MS

glynjamyn
6 years ago

You need to get help with filling in the forms from ‘experts’, those who’ve been through it many times before – any kind of Disability Service group should be able to help, or yes as stated some MS nurses; and then make sure you have a sympathetic & experienced GP to proof it & sign it. Best of luck.

dmac95
6 years ago

Try your local council as they sometimes have Benefit Maximisation Officers to help with the form filling or even your local Citizen Advise. Good luck hope you get sorted..

IANG
6 years ago

HI SARA WHEN YOU FILL YOUR FORMS OUT TELL THEM WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR WORST . I WAS TOLD THIS BY A SOCIAL WORKER AND IT WORKED . I GOT MINE FIRST TIME . I DO HOPE YOU ARE WELL AND TAKE CARE . IAN G X.

funnybank
6 years ago

yes it helps to mention everything you go through in every aspect of life, day AND night

Cathy74
6 years ago

Hi Sara, same happened to me, then I got help from ms nurse and a place called DART (they help with disability related applications for benefits). I like you put details of an average day, but you really do need to let them know absolutely every issue your ms causes. Good luck. Cathy x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.