Last reply 3 months ago
1 year dx anniversary

So tomorrow will be one year since I was diagnosed with MS. Do people tend to celebrate or do something to show that life is still full of fun and joy despite having a diagnosis? How have you marked your ms anniversaries in the past?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
3 months ago

@studentandms

Each to their own yet Anniversaries of anything mean nothing to me. A perfect example was when I went to the bank after work to cash my paycheck. When I asked the date to fill out the deposit slip, the teller told me. I started laughing then stated “Today is my Birthday”… LOL

strictlysoca
3 months ago

I do observe the date in a look how far I’ve come way and extra grateful as I am lucky enough to be in remission at the moment due to effective treatments yes a DMT and lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise as well as stress management.

we did have a bottle of Prosecco but as mine is 28/12 there’s usually plenty of booze still about the house as well as left over cake (and turkey pie).

MSaversaries are a tricky one. Some people might not want to jinx things by celebrating and others have the whole MS warrior I’m going to beat it let’s turn a negative to a positive vibe. Just do you @studentandms

PS I hope you are accessing support from student services as an MSer. Do you have a personal learning and support plan PLSP?

studentandms
3 months ago

@strictlysoca thanks for your reply. I decided to go out for ice cream and waffles with some friends who have seen me through this past year. It was a fun time of celebrating the past year and what I have learnt about myself and by no means a ‘pity party’. I am thankful for their support and the chance to have had lemtrada pretty soon after diagnosis with round 2 coming in April.

I have been able to access great student support and have received a lot of equipment to help me with my studies 😀

strictlysoca
3 months ago

Good to know that you are getting support to continue studying and you have had a highly effective treatment. Ice cream and waffles sounds like a tradition has been started 😎

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.