Why are we looking for you?
It’s an exciting time at Shift.ms, we’re growing our team and are currently looking for a Creative Intern with animation and video editing skills to join our inhouse Service Design team, based at Makerversity in the heart of Somerset House, London.
We’re looking for someone with a strong creative flair and eye for design who can deliver a range of video and graphic content across our digital channels adhering to our brand guidelines.
We’re small, but we pack a big punch… alongside major partners like Comic Relief and Wellcome Trust, we deliver exciting, creative and contemporary work that changes lives.
Your job will be to ensure the creative vision of the Service Design team is delivered to the highest standard.
Who are Shift.ms?
Shift.ms is the social network for people with multiple sclerosis (MSers) and our main aim is supporting the recently diagnosed. The organisation is currently a team of nine split across Leeds and London, and the community – www.shift.ms – has over 15,000 members from all over the world.
Where you’ll be based
You’ll be part of the Service Design team based at Makerversity, a co-working space for professional makers. Facilities include metal, wood and digital workshops. There’ll be hundreds of cutting edge creatives working in different fields a stone’s throw from your desk.
If that’s not enough, Makerversity sits within one of the cultural centers of London: Somerset House. As part of the team, you’ll have access to exhibitions, the occasional party, even an ice rink during the winter.
The day to day:
Your day to day will be vast and varied, but will mainly be focused on editing, shooting and delivering video content, as well as minor artworking and design duties. You’ll also play an integral part of the quality assurance of our service by reviewing the content and functionality of our website. We’re a flexible, forward thinking work environment and foster trust and respect between each other.
Your key responsibilities will be:
– Working to quick deadlines while following Shift.ms brand guidelines.
– Creating videos to brief by capturing new footage and repurposing existing material.
– Basic artworking duties.
– Creating animations in After Effects.
What you’ll need to bring:
– Impeccable attention to detail, energy, drive and enthusiasm.
– A creative flair that delivers results.
– Confidence in recording video and audio.
– Confidence editing in Premiere Pro or After Effects.
– Animation skills
– A good understanding of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
– Experience in applying style and brand guidelines and templates where applicable.
– An ability to present rationale for creative design choices; assure design meets project objectives as stated in creative brief.
– Experience working in a fast paced studio working to tight deadlines.
– 1 years + experience in a similar or related role.
– Awesome people skills, whether it be external stakeholders, volunteers or colleagues.
– You’re good at emails and spreadsheets and stuff like that.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Contract: 12 months contract
Salary: London living wage
Annual Leave: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays.
Office location: Makerversity. Somerset House, London WC2R 1LA
If you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV and a 300 word statement of why you’re the right candidate for the role to [email protected].
Applications close at 17.00 on Friday March 30th 2018.