2018/19 Review of The Energy
2018/19 in numbers
• MS Reporters, filming buddies and experts helped produce 120 videos
• We took 6 volunteers to Berlin for ECTRIMS, producing 20 videos in 3 days, including several in German.
• We started guest blog posts for MSers to share their experiences on a variety of different topics, we’ve so far published 11 and are looking to create this content regularly.
• Documentaries with MSers sharing their real life experiences have created the most engagement.
• Twitter Takeover is as popular as ever and has some of the highest engagement on the channel.
• We’ve had nearly 100 requests to be a Buddy with people from Europe and North America coming forward to support newly diagnosed MSers.
• We’ve matched 45 newly MSers with a Buddy. Over half of these MSers were diagnosed in the last 2 years.
• New roles have been created to reflect the needs of our community including Database Creator, Listicle Creator, Blogger and Moderator.
• Our volunteers reflect our core audience being MSers between the ages of 25 and 45.
• Recording volunteer hours as accurately as possible remains one of our top priorities, we are currently trialling a new method.
What our volunteers say
Your charity has given me my life back and every day I can see more of the person I was before I was diagnosed returning and for that I owe Shift.MS an amazing gratitude.
It has been a great opportunity to meet and talk to other young people in my position, to moan about the tricky situations we go through and also to find the funny side of MS and have a laugh at our own expense!
Since embarking on my volunteer role, I had the opportunity to meet a variety of fascinating and compassionate people.
What’s next for 2019/20?
• Develop The Energy brand.
• Streamline recruitment to reduce the barriers to becoming a volunteer and increase diversity. This will include increasing the channels used to promote and the frequency of recruitment activity.
• Encourage more people to get involved through one-off, ad hoc roles as a route into participation.
• Create a feeling of community around volunteering and involvement to reflect the main www.Shift.ms site.
• Create a training offer to increase learning and development opportunities available to MSers.