I turn 40 in April and had planned to celebrate by spending a week in Amsterdam with my better half. I don’t travel much as I have real problems with hot weather and I’m also quite reliant on cannabis however neither of these will be a problem in the ‘Dam so to say I’ve been excited is an understatement, the Mrs has said she hasn’t seen me look so happy about anything since I was diagnosed a few years ago.
I was going to book it a few weeks ago but then doubts set in because of the Corona virus, this hasn’t been helped by my step daughter being due to fly to Italy next week on a school trip which will probably now get postponed/moved. I think the panic has been ramped up a bit by the media and it probably isn’t the end of the world like many are predicting however as someone with MS who takes Tecfidera it is definitely worth bearing in mind so I’m not sure what to do now.
I could just book it with travel insurance and then if a travel ban comes in then I should at least get a refund but if there is no travel ban and the virus is widespread then I will probably have to cancel and lose all of the money. So it seems like the sensible thing to do would be to just not book it but I was really looking forward to this trip! I guess the one positive is that I might get a really good deal at the moment!
What would my fellow MS’ers do? Would you book it or not?
Browse categories and add by clicking on them
You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.