@Reginald_Duncan 

Last reply

Reginald_Duncan

13 years with MS. Just starting to get d

Hi I'm new to the group & i have had RRMS FOR 13 years & I have just started to get very bad depression. I went to see a psychiatrist finally. She put me on Wellbutrin. I'm 44 years old and I have a 3 year old little girl I'm about to have a sun on July 8th. I catch very bad cramps I can't walk sometimes. I smoke weed regularly but Imma have to stop soon cuz I'm about to go to pain management I just need someone to talk to that goes thru what I go through. Like the beginning of June and for some reason I just cry& I don't know why. I have never done that. I haven't told my wife this yet but sometimes I just I wasn't here & that scares me. I'm so tired of this. I need someone some advice. I've taken Lemtrada & I take Adderall for my fatigue but it doesn't feel like it doesn't help.
@Stumbler

Hi @reginald_duncan and welcome to our group. I can understand your feelings as MS is permanent, it's continuous and it can become a huge burden. However, we have to look at the bigger picture, how we fit into the greater scheme of things. You should not be talking the way you are and I can only imagine that you're having a down day. You need to focus on the bigger picture. You're not only a man with MS, you're a Father to a 3 year old daughter. She will need you more and more as she develops. You made her, so she's your responsibility. And this responsibility will double with the impending arrival of your son. Your partner will rely on your support too. So, have your pity party. We all have them, with tears as well. But, then we we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start over again. Just out of interest, when did you have the Lemtrada and how many course have you had?

@Vixen

Hello @reginald_duncan, really sorry you’re feeling so low. It’s great that you’ve recognised you have depression and have sought help. Great that you’re going to give up weed, not least because of the link with long-term use and mental health difficulties. We do all need to find the time to wallow and be sad but I get what @stumbler is saying. It’s shocking that people like us are burdened with MS, but as parents, we have a duty to make sure our children are not affected so devastatingly too. And that’s the toughest thing. My daughter is grown up. But, I still put on a brave face, I don’t trouble her with the nitty gritty annoyances I have to put up with, because she has her own life to lead and doesn’t need to be worrying about me, although I know she does. What you’re feeling is normal, believe me, we’ve all been through it. Can you access counselling? Having a skilled ear to help you can only be a good thing. Also, adopting the sort of attitude your daughter has will help; be concerned with what’s going on around you, today, and not worry about tomorrow. When you are feeling stronger, you can start to make plans. You have lots to be blessed with, and you need to summon all your strength to welcome your son into the world. Keep posting on here, hopefully it will help and make you feel connected with people who understand. Stay strong, all the best x