@StudentandMS 

Last reply

StudentandMS

1 year dx anniversary

So tomorrow will be one year since I was diagnosed with MS. Do people tend to celebrate or do something to show that life is still full of fun and joy despite having a diagnosis? How have you marked your ms anniversaries in the past?
@EdmontonAlberta

@studentandms Each to their own yet Anniversaries of anything mean nothing to me. A perfect example was when I went to the bank after work to cash my paycheck. When I asked the date to fill out the deposit slip, the teller told me. I started laughing then stated "Today is my Birthday"... LOL

@StrictlySoca

I do observe the date in a look how far I’ve come way and extra grateful as I am lucky enough to be in remission at the moment due to effective treatments yes a DMT and lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise as well as stress management. we did have a bottle of Prosecco but as mine is 28/12 there’s usually plenty of booze still about the house as well as left over cake (and turkey pie). MSaversaries are a tricky one. Some people might not want to jinx things by celebrating and others have the whole MS warrior I’m going to beat it let’s turn a negative to a positive vibe. Just do you @studentandms PS I hope you are accessing support from student services as an MSer. Do you have a personal learning and support plan PLSP?