@birdboy 

Last reply

birdboy

1 Pint = 2 Pints

Hi all, Just a comment on how clumsy I seem to have become. It appears that nowadays, even though I am very few symptoms, I appear to be tipping lots of drinks. I mean I've always been clumsy: I once stood on a palm frond which went straight through my foot in the Sahara; I also slipped on water in my room in Thailand and cut my head open (12 stitches); and infamously tripped over a dead seal (soon to be a tattoo on my increasingly dropping foot!) during seabird fieldwork on a remote Scottish island. However, I now appear to be tipping drinks all over the place. It's more funny than inconvenient, but it's costing me a fortune in beer as it seems that for every pint I buy, I tip it and need to buy another! I just wondered how common this is? Birdboy :)
@Stumbler

@birdboy , it is clumsiness, but there is a reason for it. Our sense of touch relies on information transmitted from our nerve endings to our brain, where it is processed. Now, these messages may need to travel over MS damage, where it can be interrupted or corrupted. Even if these messages don't travel over MS damage, they may be delayed whilst our brains are working overtime interpreting other messages, which may have been corrupted. So, our sense of touch and grip may not be quite as precise as it once was........

@EdmontonAlberta

@birdboy Impressed with the dead seal tattoo concept. Is the MS affecting your relationship? Or is your wife still comfortable paying for the drinks you are spilling? ;-) Gord