What are the different ways of taking cannabis?

In this video Robby interviews Dr Giles Elrington who is a Consultant Neurologist. The interview was filmed by Shift.ms

Video transcript

Robby: What are the different ways of taking cannabis if you don’t want to smoke it?

Dr Giles Elrington, Consultant Neurologist: Sure. So legal cannabinoids, of which there are a couple in the UK, there’s a spray, the trade name is Sativex, and that contains two cannabinoids and you spray it in your mouth and that’s absorbed reasonably well. And then there’s a capsule called Nabilone which is also legally prescribable, but it’s only the Sativex which is licensed for use in MS, but annoyingly, not funded by the NHS in England.

Robby: Right, but you can buy it in private prescription?

Dr Giles Elrington: Yeah, you can get a doctor to write a private prescription. It’s jolly expensive. It generally works out, I believe it’s about £500 a month. I personally don’t prescribe that, I take the attitude that I want to give my private patients the same as my NHS patients and I don’t want to get involved with prescribing cannabinoids because otherwise you end up with a rush of people.

Join the Shift.ms community: https://shift.ms/

Watch more videos here:


More videos about Symptoms category

Leave a Reply

Have you found this video useful? Please let us know by filling in this short survey.
Join the Shift.ms communityclose