Why we are looking for you
It’s an exciting time at Shift.ms, we’re growing our network of professional freelancers to work with us and are currently looking for MSers who are experienced video producers to work on a range of projects.
You’re passionate about telling stories and making compelling, engaging content. You are an experienced videographer with an eye for a good story, and who is comfortable working with a range of video technologies. Your ability to tell a story will help Shift.ms communicate complex topics to a range of audiences. Your flexibility will help you adapt to shifting priorities, different environments, where no two days are alike.
We’re small, but we think big…we believe the future is user-led and our ambition is to underpin everything we do with our community.
Who are Shift.ms
Shift.ms is a social network for people with multiple sclerosis (MSers) and our main aim is supporting the recently diagnosed. The organisation is currently a team of nine split across Leeds and London, and the community – Shift.ms – has over 13,000 members from all over the world.
The day to day
• You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Digital and working on a range of our existing exciting projects
• You’ll shoot, edit and create compelling content
• You’ll use your skills to develop and expand our video catalog
• You’ll be excited about creating contemporary visually stunning content
• You’ll manage projects, relationships and commissions
We are a flexible, forward thinking work environment and place our trust in people. We want people to be excited about what we are currently creating and what we are trying to achieve.
What you’ll need to bring
• Energy, drive and enthusiasm
• A creative flair – excite us with your ideas!
• Demonstrable, high level experience in digital video production, setting up shoots and operating cameras / other production equipment and lighting
• Ability to plan and storyboard projects, direct productions and work effectively with internal clients
• Awesome people skills and ability to connect with people whether it be stakeholders, health professionals, volunteers or colleagues
• Experience using Final Cut software/ Adobe Premier and other video based software
We’d love you to get in touch and we can discuss day rates, project by project needs and timelines. Please email us and tell us why you are right for the role and send links to your show reel / other projects you have worked on – email us on [email protected]