Last reply 3 years ago
You fell over!!

I’ve just fell up the stairs at work……..no injury!! First one in the building so nobody saw! Usually use the lift but we are not allowed to before 8…….health & safety!!

Lets just keep it between us guys!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic, falling upstairs sounds slightly less painful than falling downstairs, which is best avoided. 😕

It’s good that you’re OK and seeing the funny side. 😉

tracyd
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic …. it’s quite an achievement isn’t it falling ‘up’ stairs 🙂

if it makes you feel better, I did that a couple of years ago – no witnesses which was great – but I had a laptop in one hand and an ipad in my other, I didn’t put my hands out and used my nose as a brake on one of the higher stairs – two black eyes and a big cut on my nose were not something I could hide 🙂

Yeah takes real skill to fall upstairs. Your’s sounds very painful, luckily i only had my lunch bag on me…….wonder if my yogurt is ok!!

@stumbler agreed at least it wasn’t downstairs…..trying especially hard to to perfect that one!!

stumbler
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic , I follow a simple rule about falling on stairs, to minimise injury:-

If going upstairs, fall forwards; and
IF going downstairs, fall backwards.

Follow those rules and it doesn’t hurt so much! lol 😆

Good advice……..hopefully i won’t need to use it too often however!!

tracyd
3 years ago

@stumbler

The fall backwards one has a flaw in it, I tried that, bumped down the stairs on my behind leaving only a slightly bruised rump, THEN my feet hit the floor, my body shot forwards and I elegantly used my head as a brake by slamming it into the side of the bookcase at the bottom of the stairs ……

If I’m honest I probably should avoid stairs for ever for my own safety 🙂

stumbler
3 years ago

Ah, @tracyd , there’s another unwritten rule that you should always fall in “slow motion”. That way, you can normally liaise with the floor in a disciplined manner.

I would suggest that the incorrect positioning of your feet lead to your undisciplined descent, and the ensuing circumstances.

Was the book case OK? 😉

tracyd
3 years ago

@stumbler the bookcase was fine, sturdy thing it is 🙂

stumbler
3 years ago

That was fortunate, @tracyd . So the only damage was to your dignity.
This condition does keep life………… “interesting”. 😉

grahamjk
3 years ago

I fell down some stairs a few months ago only because I misplaced my foot as I have little feeling in them. Luckily I fell backwards and went down on my backside, but it made sitting painful afterwards and a few bruises on legs, hands and bum, but I was really grateful as it could have been a lot worse if I went forwards.

tam1983
3 years ago

For years I’ve been the champ of falling up stairs and a gold medalists at falling down stairs. Myself and everyone who knows me just assumed I was the ultimate klutz. Sad to say that I feel a little better since I have MS
to blame it one 😀

northernlass
3 years ago

Ouch you lot…!! 🙁 I have a banister either side of my stairs that I hold on to either going UP or coming DOWN but I only try and do “the climb” up or down just twice a day, one DOWN and one UP.. So laundry gets thrown down stairs when needed by my minions.. err I mean kids.. Teenagers hiding in their rooms get summons to dinner with a loud shout.. and all basic communications are done at volume at the bottom of the stair so I don’t have to risk going up or down if I don’t need to (My neighbours love me..) 🙂 saying that I did stumble on the stairs the other evening when I tried to step up, my supporting leg collapsed and I went down like Bambi on Ice banged my shoulder and twisted my knee into the bargain… might have to get one of those sumo suits for added protection in future 🙂 Take care

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.