Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic, falling upstairs sounds slightly less painful than falling downstairs, which is best avoided. 😕

It’s good that you’re OK and seeing the funny side. 😉

tracyd
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic …. it’s quite an achievement isn’t it falling ‘up’ stairs 🙂

if it makes you feel better, I did that a couple of years ago – no witnesses which was great – but I had a laptop in one hand and an ipad in my other, I didn’t put my hands out and used my nose as a brake on one of the higher stairs – two black eyes and a big cut on my nose were not something I could hide 🙂

Yeah takes real skill to fall upstairs. Your’s sounds very painful, luckily i only had my lunch bag on me…….wonder if my yogurt is ok!!

@stumbler agreed at least it wasn’t downstairs…..trying especially hard to to perfect that one!!

stumbler
3 years ago

@stallionicchampionic , I follow a simple rule about falling on stairs, to minimise injury:-

If going upstairs, fall forwards; and
IF going downstairs, fall backwards.

Follow those rules and it doesn’t hurt so much! lol 😆

Good advice……..hopefully i won’t need to use it too often however!!

tracyd
3 years ago

@stumbler

The fall backwards one has a flaw in it, I tried that, bumped down the stairs on my behind leaving only a slightly bruised rump, THEN my feet hit the floor, my body shot forwards and I elegantly used my head as a brake by slamming it into the side of the bookcase at the bottom of the stairs ……

If I’m honest I probably should avoid stairs for ever for my own safety 🙂

stumbler
3 years ago

Ah, @tracyd , there’s another unwritten rule that you should always fall in “slow motion”. That way, you can normally liaise with the floor in a disciplined manner.

I would suggest that the incorrect positioning of your feet lead to your undisciplined descent, and the ensuing circumstances.

Was the book case OK? 😉

tracyd
3 years ago

@stumbler the bookcase was fine, sturdy thing it is 🙂

stumbler
3 years ago

That was fortunate, @tracyd . So the only damage was to your dignity.
This condition does keep life………… “interesting”. 😉

grahamjk
3 years ago

I fell down some stairs a few months ago only because I misplaced my foot as I have little feeling in them. Luckily I fell backwards and went down on my backside, but it made sitting painful afterwards and a few bruises on legs, hands and bum, but I was really grateful as it could have been a lot worse if I went forwards.

tam1983
3 years ago

For years I’ve been the champ of falling up stairs and a gold medalists at falling down stairs. Myself and everyone who knows me just assumed I was the ultimate klutz. Sad to say that I feel a little better since I have MS
to blame it one 😀

northernlass
3 years ago

Ouch you lot…!! 🙁 I have a banister either side of my stairs that I hold on to either going UP or coming DOWN but I only try and do “the climb” up or down just twice a day, one DOWN and one UP.. So laundry gets thrown down stairs when needed by my minions.. err I mean kids.. Teenagers hiding in their rooms get summons to dinner with a loud shout.. and all basic communications are done at volume at the bottom of the stair so I don’t have to risk going up or down if I don’t need to (My neighbours love me..) 🙂 saying that I did stumble on the stairs the other evening when I tried to step up, my supporting leg collapsed and I went down like Bambi on Ice banged my shoulder and twisted my knee into the bargain… might have to get one of those sumo suits for added protection in future 🙂 Take care

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.