hannah015 30/03/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Yoga

Hey

Hope your all ok

I just tried my first class of yoga, despite having bad pins and needles down my left side and my balance being quite off I thought why not give it a go. It was brill, I struggled a bit at first but as lesson went on I got better at balancing. Felt good after. Just thought I would report in case anyone else was thinking of trying it, you really should xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

For my sins, I’ve been partaking in a class for some months.

It all started with a guy from the Pilates class asking if I’d considered Yoga. Then he added that he was the only guy in the class and the women kept picking on him! Well, I saw this as a challenge.

I’m now a regular and referred to as the “disruptive influence”!

But, it’s a good class and a great laugh. So, it helps with your balance, suppleness and posture. And it’s good social interaction.

Some of the poses are still a bit beyond me, but I keep trying. The Yoga teacher is quite happy to put her foot in my back, whilst yanking my arm around to “help” me.

You have to try it to see if it’s your thing! πŸ˜‰

finn15
3 years ago

@hannah015, I’m now looking into Yoga, anything that challenges balance can only be a positive.

stumbler
3 years ago

@finn15 , I see your local MS Therapy Centre (http://www.mstherapy.org.uk/) can offer Pilates. That may be worth an enquiry/trial…….

You could ask there about Yoga.

finn15
3 years ago

@stumbler, will check that out, cheers

hannah015
3 years ago

Lol trust you @stumbler probably loving all the women πŸ˜‰ yeah to be honest I found balancing on one foot with my back arched and arms out in a t shape a challenge but like you I like a good challenge. Managed it this morning for a minute which is already an improvement.

@finn15 yeah give it a go, don’t know unless you try. You will do brill I bet

finn15
3 years ago

Thanks @hannah015 , exactly gotta try something or you will never know!! That’s the way forward.!! ☺️ will let u know how I get on

hannah015
3 years ago

Definitely @finn15 yeah let me know how it goes πŸ™‚ I’m trying tai chi soon too, meant to be amazing for balance and meditation πŸ™‚

cleofitz
3 years ago

I’ve always been a yoga person, for about 12 years, but recently signed up to MS yoga via the MS society in Ireland. It is also known as inner yoga apparently and I am becoming a big fan. Our teacher gets us to do lots of stuff with our feet and toes and I feel so much better in general. I really recommend yoga in any form, especially this ‘inner yoga’ – apparently its v popular in the Uk, not so much in Ireland, no clue about other countries. Check it out…..

hannah015
3 years ago

Ooh will have to look into that one thanks @cleofitz I haven’t heard of it but I found after just one session of yoga I felt my balance already improved. I do love to try lots of different things so will see if they have one near me. Thank you x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.