atlorrielife 14/04/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Writhing in the Middle of the Night!

What do you do for relief when you’re in so much pain and neuropathy, that it feels like you’re in drug withdrawal…in the middle of the night? I’m only on Neurontin, Advil and LOTS of Chamomile Tea! I just woke from a nap, but had a terrible night. (Time to get back to stuffing eggs for church!)

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

I sympathise with you, @atlorrielife . Night times are always worse for neuropathic pain as we have little in the way of distraction.

I’m not sure how much relief we get from Advil (Ibuprofen), but the Neurontin (Gabapentin) is one of the drugs of choice to dampen down neuropathic issues. You may want to discuss increasing your dose of Neurontin.

Other meds for consideration for neuropathic pain are Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Amitriptyline.

simone2
1 year ago

Hi, I take cannabis at night for pain and help me sleep with a vaporizer it takes the pain away within seconds I wouldn’t be able to cope without it.
Have thought about trying to get Sativex? I live in France its really hard to get it.

atlorrielife
1 year ago

I’ve been getting a lot of reports about cannabis, but it’s illegal here. I’m a former narc., so it feels funny. But, I do know it works. (Cluster headache in Canada 25 years ago, 2 tokes, GONE! And slept like a baby!) I don’t think the FDA really has our best interests at heart. Yeah, I’m in the United States. My Gabapentin is pretty worthless at 200mg x 3. I go through more, so it’s on my topics list.
Who uses Interferon? I REALLY want to try this! I feel I’m new at this, despite my ex figuring it out 16 years ago. I still don’t regret quitting Morphine. It was causing me depression and I’ll take physical pain over mental pain any day.
I’m just getting VERY frustrated with doctors and appointments for testing…scheduled far into the future, and their arrogance and apathy.

stumbler
1 year ago

@atlorrielife , does the following website provide any additional information which may be helpful to you :-

http://www.medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov/ ?

Otherwise, Amitriptyline may be worth a try to help you get some quality sleep. It’s used as a mild anti-depressant, as well as for neuropathy. It’s also a bit of a “knock-out” drug, so make sure you take it at least 12 hours before you intend to get up the next day.

Interferon is just one of the range of Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs) that may be available to you. DMTs are used to reduce the frequency and severity of relapses. The following provides details of each of the DMTs:-

https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/MSDecisionsWeb.pdf

atlorrielife
1 year ago

I’ll check them out. But, I’m still not comfortable with marijuana, due to my background. I’ll ask my doctor. Right now I’M ANGRY! I’M going to suck up the pain, put on my yoga shorts, a cami and FREAKING TAP DANCE!! Here goes NUTHIN’! It’s been months!

atlorrielife
1 year ago

Did it. But just warm-up exercises. 40 minutes with the odd-occasional seriously tapping. (Hurt like the dickens.) Didn’t hurt I was mad at my husband…motivated me to push myself. Will try again today, but wearing my flat taps instead of my high heel taps. (Old habits die hard.) Felt exhausted, but GOOD! After a COOL shower, made it to Bible Study…with a nasty ocular headache. I also stumble, nearly falling and turning my ankle, but I was after a two-year old who’d climbed a rock garden at church.
Did this occur BECAUSE I’d worn my legs out, or would it have happened anyway? I COULD feel my legs last night! Thanks to the tapping.

stumbler
1 year ago

@atlorrielife , moderation is key in physical activity. Raising your body temperature can give rise to Uhthoff’s Phenomenon

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/uhthoffs-phenomenon

But, I’m not sure if moderation is in your vocabulary. You seem like an all-or-nothing gal……..

Just take care and see how it goes.

atlorrielife
1 year ago

Stumbler, WOW! I DID get a bad optic headache yesterday! Uthoff’s….had to be. I thought it was simply my checking my double vision looking side to side. I did that, failed to the left, than overheated myself tap dancing. Why won’t my doctors tell me these things?

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.