Last reply 3 years ago
Work Mri results and physio

I have done my second week back at work now tomorrow is my 3rd week now doing 3 hrs a morning that is 15 hrs headteacher ask me if I wanted to start doing my 20hrs as they are paying me for those hrs I asked him to pa me for the hours I work I told my doctor advised to be phased over 3 hrs been having massages at physio had my 3rd one this week I’m in pain on my back as though someone has kicked me and stretch my skin I did feel all the knots he was massaging smooth I believe its like my body has been detox so if it is I’m still popping my pills and getting side effects should be drinking lots of water but have’nt been trying to rest but my ears have a piercing sound in my ears got it checked my doctors and he said I have alot of sinus problem but I’m sure its my Gabapentin. Hot an appointment with my neurologist as I have had my mri results and they as follows lesions have not changed they are stable no significant dissease progression but there is a tiny focal enhancing occipital 4mm nodule on left have no copy of image. Any advice would be appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Interpreting MRI results is best left to the Neuro. WHile you’re with them, discuss the problems you’re experiencing with the pain medication and see what they suggest.

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler thanks for your advice as always.

Lina

cameron
3 years ago

@lina, I hope you’ve got someone either at work or outside that can support you with this return to your job (Union, perhaps?) It sounds as though your employer is being a bit mechanistic about it all – time off over, now back to normal. Except it won’t necessarily be like that and if you’re not feeling great, you need to feel confident that you’ll be treated right. Best wishes with this xx

lina
3 years ago

@cameron thanks I have support of all the staff and when my doctor signed me off sick he put on the sick note to be phased over 3mths still in limbo land with medication as I don’t want to increase want to able to function all staff on foundation and early years know not to stress me out also set out plan that I may get tired and may need a break am on medication for nerve pain not to lift anything heavy may need to go to toilet may struggle with temperature cold or hot set out by my line manager who is the nursery teacher I work between 3 reception classes and nursery so just doing 3 hrs in the morning so get to rest in the afternoon was going to join Union last year but they take 5% of my wage wish I had now.

Lina

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina … I can imagine it must be a challenge working with reception and nursery ages too – as lovely as they are, it is hard work! You must be a tower of strength dealing with everything and I hope that you can get the understanding you need!

Also wanted to say that it sounds good that your latest MRI showed no significant disease progression 🙂

xxx

lina
3 years ago

@cazzzzzy thanks the children are not too bad at the moment working with english as additional language so working on vocabulary showing them pictures and they are hopefully telling what they are in english and working on sounds. A lot of children speak their own language at home so speaking to them in english is quite difficult for them to understand and reply back in english. These children are quite lovable as some of have them required tlc they are more to receive stickers after they have done their work so look forward to working me meeting neurologist tomorrow so don’t think I will be put on any medication think I have a UTI infection tried to get an appointment with doctors as usual nothing available so will drop a sample off to be tested tomorrow been so tired with my muscles being stiff and buzzing in my ears but will get them checked out.

How are you ?

Lina

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina – sorry I am late replying, I have been so busy lately but I am ok thanks 🙂 – just busier than I’d like to be…. I suppose because I am very slow moving too everything takes such a long time :/

Sounds like the work you do is very rewarding, it must be lovely work 🙂

How was the neuro appt and how is the buzzing in your ears? … My ears always feel buzzy if I have caught a cold or if I am sinusey, it can get annoying 🙁 … I hope you are feeling well 🙂 xxx

lina
3 years ago

Hi @Cazzzy Glad to hear from you hope you time to relax you do sound busy but us women are always on the go. My ears are not too bad dropped one of my 100mg Gabapentin so last night too bad when I tried to go to sleep. 🙂

Love working with the little ones we had another little hungarian girl started this morning with no english but it won’t take her long to start speaking. 🙂

My appointment with neurologist was ok but I have not been given any treatment even though my mri results show my lesions to be stable and no significant disease progression I waited nearly an hour before seeing him so will wait till my MS nurse to get in touch with me I will find out from her what the steps will see neuro again in April unless I have a relaspe.

Keep well and look after yourself and keep in touch 🙂

Lina

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina ! … Yes – that is all so true – A woman’s work is never done! And Christmas hasn’t happened yet 😯

Good to hear your ears are better and the Gabapentin helped you last night 🙂

It always surprises me when medications aren’t offered to MSers to help prevent relapses … Hopefully in April your neuro might offer more options but yes for now keep well & look after yourself too! … Don’t work too hard although it does sound like you have a really great job there! 🙂

xxx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.