anxious123 18/05/17
Last reply 9 months ago
Work, kids and fatigue…

Any tips?

I get up 6am to commute to work on train at moment for 7.30 start…work in office till 3.30…commute home via nursery get in at 5ish and then i am done for overwhelming fatigue. Even at work find i have little energy and yesterday was so bad went and hid in the bathroom and fell asleep for 30mins.

At weekends i end up sleeping in until 9.30 and being back in bed by 9pm ….am struggling so much.

No diagnosis so haven’t told work yet…any tips??

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

It’s a frustrating symptom, @anxious123 . There’s a free booklet that’s available from the MS Trust :-

https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/living-with-fatigue.pdf

You can order a hard copy from https://support.mstrust.org.uk/shop

brendan
9 months ago

I guess it’s something that all us msers will have to accept. I spent years thinking my tiredness might be down to the weight of my workwear, I even used to buy the lightest trainers I could find! It comes down to this, when you get tired, slow down or sit down, maybe only for 10 mins or so, it helps me and if anybody says anything I tell them I have ms, they can’t say anything then, can they. You’ll be fine. I’m very choosey about who I tell, don’t want to be pidgeonholed!

californiadreamin
9 months ago

Consider watching the first part of this video on exercise. It talks about how exercise might be the last thing on your mind with fatigue but it helps with the 3 primary direct MS reasons for fatique and it helps with secondary measures (lack of sleep etc) as well.

noelie
9 months ago

@anxious123 that sounds like a tough day. Watching your diet might help, I’ve cut my saturated fat and I’m part time vegetarian (6 days a week). I don’t need to nap after lunch anymore, energy is not wonderful but some definite improvement. Worth a try to see what works for you. Best of luck x

lozwo
9 months ago

@noelie how are you??? Are you due for round 2 soon? Xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.