Last reply 3 weeks ago
Why take the most modern DMTs?

This post from the Barts MS blog stats it with science!

Having had MS for 26y I feel that I have largely missed out on the brain health benefits of modern DMTs. In an odd sort of way I envy the younger and newly diagnosed people (not the MS part, that sucks) because of the increase in options and the efficacy of treatments available.

Have a read of some interesting research. The results and methodology are valid, studies of greater numbers are underway.

https://multiple-sclerosis-research.org/2019/02/to-b-or-not-to-b-thats-is-profgs-atrophy-question/

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

dramaqueen
1 month ago

Hello, Domonics me too I’m 28yrs post Diagnosis with2ndry progressive. I’ve always had progressive. sandra

stumbler
1 month ago

@dominics , I share your sentiments.

That Prof. G. sure has a way with words. 😉

kel62
3 weeks ago

You may be on to something I? I’m 28yr dx & I don’t feel neuro takes much interest in me anymore anyway, like I’m the old dog in the house, lol. I started at Relepasing Remimtting & I’ve been in Secondary for about 4 yrs.

donavan
3 weeks ago

Interesting read and I read the evidence in multiple articles. I am grateful for the DMTs, but the medical aids in South Africa only give first line treatment and not the high efficancy treatment untill you dont respond to “ligter” DMTs as they dont feel you need it yet. If I can go on the high efficancy DMTs then I have a greater chance of having an occupation to have an income to pay for the medical aid and not cash in any diaability insurances from the same company. Wondering if I can travel to England every 6 months to pay for ocrevus treatment. I am very keen on ocrevus. In South africa I will only be able to go on ocrevus if the other DMTs dont work and sitting with more disability.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.