Last reply 16 hours ago
WHY????

Why do people ask me to do things like go out etc….
It’s easy for them of course. They say it’s ok, you’ll be fine.
I’m sorry but until you have this disease you won’t realise how hard it really is.
I hate saying no to people. I know they care and try and help but for me I’m happy what I do on my own in my own time.
I live day to day and cannot plan things.
This is me and always will be me.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
6 days ago

@rotherhamdave , your post truly resonates with me.

Yes, we impose restrictions on ourselves, but we like our comfort zone. The logistics of getting out and the discomfort we feel just isn’t worth it.

It’s good that people care, but……….

lightning87
5 days ago

I think it’s hard for people to ‘get’ when they don’t have it themselves. I am sure sometimes my friends forget I could be tired! But they have good intentions. Suppose I’d be annoyed if they didn’t ask me, haha!

edmontonalberta
5 days ago

@rotherhamdave

We never know what we have until it is gone…

Your friends want to share time with you; their valuable time… It is okay to turn them down due to your MS limitations; yet if it occurs too often, they may stop asking.

What I do is keep track of who is asking – when my body says yes – I make sure I call to ask them to get together. Just a thought…

chezy17
5 days ago

@edmontonalberta I have to say I agree, life is too short, yeah you’ll get tired but the MS can’t stop you living. Once you start saying I can’t, it takes over! Ok easy for me to say right, but I have my bad days, the difference is I’d rather live in the now than the want if! Enjoy it why you can, spend time with your friends and enjoy 😊!

rotherhamdave
5 days ago

Thanks guys. Who I went out with was my customers from my pub not proper mates. My school mates gave up on me years ago due to working all the time. I’m fine not going out as I’m use to it. Doesn’t bother me. My family live away. My sister in Cardiff n dad in brid now retired. I do have people come round to check I’m ok n chat

niccis
5 days ago

My friends are so used to me saying yes then bailing out at the last minute. I love the idea of going out but when the day comes around I just can’t face it, whether that’s because of fatigue or low mood or anxiety or whatever. This year one of my girl friends has volunteered to hold our Xmas do at her house. We’re all chipping in and she’s doing the food, we’re bringing the drink and I’m going in my pyjamas so that as soon as I’ve had enough I can go to bed!

merfield
4 days ago

@rotherhamdave, I agree. But I try not to say no in case they give up asking.xx

edmontonalberta
4 days ago

@rotherhamdave

Maybe we have a different definition of the word “friend”. You are too young not to have life-long supporters.

School mates gone; customers gone; family living far away? With all due respect – make some friends! Those who you can share things & thoughts; those who you can travel with through this journey of life.

Invest your valuable time on this planet. Make some friends who you can trust…

rotherhamdave
4 days ago

I do have good proper mates who I trust and do understand. It’s just others that don’t get it. Frustrates me that’s all when they know really I can’t do most things.

peterfrancis
4 days ago

@rotherhamdave

I understand what you’re saying completely, other peoples expectations of you can be annoyingly fantastical at times.

“Do this, do that”… Hows about you do it, your F***ing yourself, is my usual answer.

rotherhamdave
4 days ago

@peterfrancis Uve got me 100% n deffo the ‘F’ word

grandma
4 days ago

I have a standard reply, I say I’m too busy cos I have a full time job, it’s called STAYING ALIVE😇😍

kimb640
16 hours ago

💯👌🏻☺️

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.