Last reply 8 months ago
Who knew?!

So after being adamant that MS wasn’t gonna put me on my arse, the Flu did which is a pain in the arse as it made me numb which makes for entertaining viewing when I’m trying to put my contact lense in πŸ˜‚! Having to watch the snow from the window is damn right annoying as I’d much rather be out in it with the Munchkins!! There best be some left for when I’m better, although this is England so it will probably be raining later πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

vixen
8 months ago

Sorry you’ve been through that! Hope you’re feeling better. Did you get a flu jab?

hammers
8 months ago

Hope you start to feel better soon and hopefully you may get to play in the snow (slush)

chezy17
8 months ago

Yeah I had the flu jab, I think I caught it because last week I hardly had any sleep, poorly munchkins and all. Two days with no sleep really did me in, work in a school so I’m surrouded by Flu and sick bugs at the mo πŸ˜‚.

I think it’s a temporary thing anyways, just found it funny that it’s not the MS it’s a bug that made me feel ill πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Still got it and taking a while to shift but I’m still 😊😊! X

chezy17
8 months ago

Think I just might drag myself out and play out in it anyways, it’s proper snow 😊.

vixen
8 months ago

@chezy17 I know what you mean about the non-MS ailments, reminds us we are all human, right? I work in a school too and I feel so nervous every day, every time a kid or staff sneezes or coughs . Seems really virulent as the moment, too. Roll on the Spring!

chezy17
8 months ago

Despite the MS, I’ve got a good immune system and usually bypass the bugs that go round, I was just unlucky it caught me when I’d had a week of crap sleep 😴. Nevermind 😊, I don’t get nervous, it is what it is. Haven’t caught flu since swine flu, maybe it’s a new one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!

I got to build a β˜ƒ, a very small one but my little girl was so excited!

potter
8 months ago

I got the flu a week after I had a relapse, it was a mess. After I threw up all night and then I had diarrhea. My bowel was still some what numb from my relapse so that caused some unspeakable problems. Then I slept for two days, my husband got it from me but only got sick one time, he didn’t even have the flu shot. I had the extra strong one because I am 65. It is a good thing we didn’t have any plans for the holidays. Potter

chezy17
8 months ago

Yeah I’ve had a small relapse, would be a good time to visit the dentist cos I can’t feel a thing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Hey ho it’s only temporary right 😊! Haha in the space of January I’ve had sick bugs, flu bugs and more sick bugs with the kids, decided I’m restarting new year next month πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚!

potter
8 months ago

I was slowly getting over my relapse, I wanted to see if I could help it along. So I started taking Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg twice a day. After a couple of days of it I only have a little numbness left. I use to take it all the time but quit when I had read it could have some down sides to it. I thought I am at the bottom why not try it. It could be just timing but I wasn’t having much recovery before I started taking it. Potter

chezy17
8 months ago

Oh thanks for that :-). I’ll see if I get it from my diet 😊. I checked what foods it’s in and I pretty much eat them…it’s in brewer’s yeast, maybe I should be drinking lots of beer 😊. Other than catching this stupid flu bug I’m usually symptom free which hoepfully means once I’ve shifted it, the numbness will subside too 😊.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.