joanne46 23/03/18
Last reply 3 weeks ago
White blood cells in urine- lemtrada

Hi everyone
Looking for sone advise. This rollercoaster lemtrada recovery is really taking it out of me and have just received a telephone call from the hospital asking me to go back in on Tuesday and redo my urine sample. Apparently my last one has shown high in white blood cells as well as some blood (was the time of the month though which could explain the blood) just wondering what the white blood cells may mean 😥

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

imbarca
1 month ago

Hi @joanne46. That sounds very much like a suspected UTI. They are apparently more common after Lemtrada, especially when your white cell count is very low. Have you got any symptoms?

joanne46
1 month ago

@imbarca thank you for your reply…not really any symptoms however I confess I don’t drink enough 😩 so hopefully it will turn out to be ‘just’ a UTI 🤞

andy365
1 month ago

Hi I had this but no one called me back just came back high. They told me I wasn’t drinking enough water and GP got me to drink more liquid. I did and it came back ok the next time, so I just load with water now a day before my test 🙂

sciencegeek
1 month ago

If it was that time of the month, then you may have just contaminated your sample. That would explain both blood and white blood cells.

Hopefully not a UTI but it’s worth getting it checked out.

joanne46
3 weeks ago

Hi @andy365 and @sciencegeek thank you both and you were both right! Not enough water and contaminated sample (wrong time of the month) so onwards and upwards! Just wish I could fight this bloody awful lemtrada fatigue! 🙄

andy365
3 weeks ago

Fatigue is killing me also I am close to start taking alemtuzumab but fighting it at the moment. I yo-yo between being so tired that I can sleep at the drop of a hat to crippling insomnia. Fatigue and pain are my worst symptoms.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.