lindax 08/03/13
Last reply 5 years ago
What the hell.

I have had problems with my health for 30 years: bladder, bowel, spinal surgery, and many others but it wasnt until I had an MRI a year ago that they found lesions on the brain. The radiologist recommended to look into ms, my gp says she thinks its ms, but I saw a neurologist that said I have painless migraines but that I’m morbidly obese! I was mortified and decided on a second opinion. The second neurologist said he didn’t know what those lesions are on my brain and for all he knows it could be from smoking! Ok, we talked then he asked me what I weighed! I told him I wasn’t going to tell him. He said he was a good guesser so I told him to guess away! My husband told him how much I weigh! Yes he’s still alive! The doctor said I needed to lose weight and I told him I look in the mirror and know this. I need to lose 60 pounds. These pounds came on with the barrage of antidepressants I have endured for the last 14 years. But why the freaking interest in my weight?! I have 2 more MRI in may but it’ll be 18 months of running around and waiting! I dont know how long after these mri that I’ll have to wait to see the neurologist again. It could be another 8 months. I am so disappointed. In the meantime I am not at work because of this. I have joined a gym and diet regime and am slowly losing. I know it’s a good step and was needed but I am ticked off that this was the centre of my neurologist visits! I’m very very disheartened.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 years ago

I’m not surprised you’re disheartened. OK, encourage you to exercise and improve your diet, but the least they could have done was to try and diagnose you underlying condition.
Don’t they have the hippocratic oath in Canada?
You already know that you’re doing the right thing for you, so keep going and demonstrate how strong-willed you are.
🙂

cameron
5 years ago

With all this grief I hope you’re going to give yourself some pampering treats with every significant weight loss – facials, reflexology, manicures etc. I also hope that you’re not going through this totally alone and you have someone boosting your confidence. Big hugs xxx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.