mattymohawk 28/10/11
Last reply 6 years ago
what counts as a relapse?

Left hospital 8th september.was doing realy well recovering til me & my mate had to beat a dog (american bulldog) to stop it from killing his litl staff.day after my right arm felt like fire,relapse?.now i have a major chest infection,possibly pneumonia & my right leg has lost all sensation

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

mattymohawk
6 years ago

But still moves ok.i don’t like wasting the ms nurses time but when do i call them & ask for steroid treatment? I get a hug at least once a day.are these normal symptoms that come and go or should i be doing something about them?

funnybank
6 years ago

my ms nurse says a relapse is the emergence or return of symptoms that last for 24 hours or more. i think if you’ve had a shock, nerves can get a bit fried. ms hug is particularly linked to stress for me. also all symptoms return when you have an underlying infection or illness. i keep my ms nurse up to date by email, if i’m having a suspected relapse she suggests a blood/ urine test to rule out an underlying infection. i asked my neuro a similar question once and was baffled by his reply of ‘the normal ebb and flow of ms’. i remember being so angry because i wanted an answer not vagueness but now i sort of understand what he meant. get your infection sorted first, and keep your nurse up to date it’ll make her job easier to know whats going on. take care

mattymohawk
6 years ago

Thank you for the advice.the burning in my arm has been there for a couple of weeks now & came on the day after dog attack.my first episode came a week after my dog got ripped apart by an american bulldog so all the shock & stress must play a big part in my flare ups & leg has been numb since chest got bad.feel stupid because i think i should of got in touch with nurse earlier.thanks again for the advice.much needed cos i’m still a novice 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.