pikilily 17/01/18
Last reply 5 months ago
What a day yesterday was!! Stress!!!

Yesterday was one of those days.
In the morning I went with my husband to the hospital to receive the news that he has prostate cancer. Then home, a quick turnaround to go to a friend’s funeral. Very sad lose of a really special person to cancer. ( It was a wonderful funeral, with loads of us playing music… Then home again, to start my MS treatment, Tecfidera. I think some of the day today will be spent just sitting. I am supposed to be going out tonight to play at a session… Maybe!!! Feeling a bit wiped out 😶😶😶

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
5 months ago

Sometimes we do not come first.

Ask your husband what he would prefer to him digest his news. You going out so he can think things over by himself – or would he prefer the two of you have a quiet evening together…

nutshell88
5 months ago

Personaly. I wouldnt of left him for any reason.
But of course you can do whatever you think suitable.

stumbler
5 months ago

Wow, @pikilily , yesterday was “one of those days”!

That was a lot to deal with, both physically and emotionally. You deserved a quiet night in.

I hope your husband has a good prognosis and there is an effective treatment available to him.

I would send hugs, but I should imagine that you and hubby probably shared a few last night………. 😉

pikilily
5 months ago

He deals with things his way.. and I am taking his cue. He would be more upset and distressed if I flapped and fussed around….he prefers to mull thing over in his own time, sometimes just putting it all in a box and shutting the lid. …. and then he will reappear, popping various questions at me about potential treatment, and options. We are a good strong team, and we pull together as required, but do have independent lives too. Today he has gone off on a road trip to visit a friend and then his dad.. with my very recent diagnosis..it has been a real whirlwind. 😐😐

pikilily
5 months ago

A hug would be good @stumbler, I will send you my postcode..!!! A large box of maltesers too 😏😏

stumbler
5 months ago

@pikilily , it’s always good to be part of a strong team.

OK then , you can have a hug. And I’ll share my last Malteser – no, that’s a Rolo! lol

pikilily
5 months ago

Ohhhh a Rolo.. I will swap it for one of my homemade breakfast muffins..🍮🍮

stumbler
5 months ago

@pikilily , I can’t answer that offer, without risking a doubtful response with possible rude connotations. lol 😉

pikilily
5 months ago

OMG… LOL… I am blushing..!! 😚😚

stumbler
5 months ago

@pikilily, well that can’t be bad. We all need those endorphins…………….. 🆙🔜

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.