laura97 02/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Weight loss capsules

Basically I have tried to lose weight by exercising going for walks, squats etc… But it’s just not working. I’ve looked on a popular website at these weight loss capsules and they have got 5/5 ratings. The only problem is I’m not sure how they would react or if they would react with my MS tablets?. Im on teriflunomide tablets. Can anyone help or give me advice? Thank you πŸ™‚

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

@laura97 , if there was a magic pill, don’t you think it would prescribed on the NHS to tackle the obesity epidemic?

I once asked my MS Nurse whether the medications caused weight gain. I got told that weight gain was down to diet and lack of exercise.

It’s a simple formula really. Your energy intake needs to be less than the energy expended, and then you’ll lose weight. πŸ˜‰

laura97
3 years ago

Alright okay thank you

krisp
3 years ago

@laura97
It’s all about diet, pineapple first thing is good it speeds up your metabolism, drink lots of water helps too
There’s a few things you can do but I understand it’s not easy, a lot of it is down to body types and horses for courses because of that

reddivine
3 years ago

Try slimming world. Stay clear of “magic pills” Exercise has to be combined with a change in diet. Not “i’m going on a diet and eat lettuce for a month” but changing long held habits.
Seriously Slimming World WORKS. there will be a group near you http://www.slimmingworld.com/

alondrarichard
2 years ago

Hi Laura, you can’t lose your weight too quickly and its natural. There are many Drugs in market from which you can start losing you weight in week but most of them have side effects.
Starting lowering your appetite and do daily exercise (must), you can use natural herbs or fruits to lower you hunger im using garcinia cambogia you buy it from here http://www.garciniacambogiaextractt.org/ this will help you to lower hunger, however its totally your choice im not doing any promotion here. But burning you calories by doing exersice and eating good is the only key to lose weight

graham100
2 years ago

Hi @laura97, looking at your profil picture I can’t see you need to diet? Or have you put on weight recently? I agree with others don’t wast your money.

tracyd
2 years ago

@laura97
I’m currently following the Cambridge Diet with no problems, but I have done it before MS so I’m familiar with it and comfortable with it, perhaps a chat with your doctor would help ?

reddivine
2 years ago

I’ve just noticed your age. slimming world do indeed welcome young people and you would find a welcome there. Could be it ain’t coming off because you are the weight for your height/ age

cherish
2 years ago

Glad I read this post. For 2wks now I’ve been on the verge of buying raspberry ketone and garcinia but I must admit I agree with @stumbler wise words…. And I think we all secretly know deep down that pills ain’t gonna work or gp’s would have a Monday surgery for weight loss pills prescription only.
Well well, Sally on, you can only do your best xxx

denisa
2 years ago

@laura97

Losing weight by taking a pill is unnatural, and your body will be deprived of lots of nutrients that help it keep your MS in check.

Before getting diagnosed, I used to be on the Dukan Diet. Meanwhile I did some reading and it seems like the oats and too much protein can cause harm on MS. So, although it once worked for me, I can’t recommend it.

I now am on a lifestyle that excludes gluten, sugar (why, God, WHYYY? :)) ) and dairy. It was a slow process, I gradually took one item off, one at a time, and I began feeling better. No more bloating, no more or reduced slogginess. Meanwhile I increased the intake of leafy greens, fish and seafood, chia seeds and colored fruit.

In the same time I started doing yoga and cardio (try normal and / or interval training on a stationary bike) and that has helped a lot. The first by increasing my balance, flexibility and body awareness, and the second by helping me have more resistance and oxigen in my body.

I think this link will prove usefull http://yogawithadriene.com/30days/. I never was a regular yogi, but now I find ease in doing all those routines.

Hope this helped in one way or another.

Lots of health and once again… DITCH THE WEIGHTLOSS PILLS!!

Denisa

laura97
2 years ago

Thank you for all your replys!. I decided not to take pills. I’m focusing on healthy eating and drinking plenty of water. I think my weakness was chocolate but now I’m feeling really good. I am joining slimming world next week to see how I go with that and to see what happens. Thanks again for all your comments xxx

denisa
2 years ago

@laura97,

Wanna hear the best home-made chocolate recipe I ever tasted? πŸ˜€

– 3 tbsp honey (try not to buy the supermarket one, try the farmer made one instead)
– 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 6 tbsp cocoa

Mix until well blended, refrigerate for about 1-2 hours. Serve in moderation (well, at least try! :)) )

All the best wishes!

Denisa

cameron
2 years ago

Really good advice here, @laura97. From the MS point of view, the priority is to have a healthy lifestyle. OK, weight is definitely part of that, but it’s not the only thing that matters. Exercise is KEY, as is stress avoidance. If you’re worrying about dieting, that won’t help the MS and might even bring on symptoms. IMO (and particularly looking at your photo) you should put your effort into getting enough sleep, gentle-moderate exercise and simply cutting out any junk from your diet. xx

laura97
2 years ago

I have decided to join slimming world with my mum. As we both feel a bit down it would motivate us and we can then support each other.

thecuriosity
2 years ago

@laura97 going with your mum will be really good for both of you, you’ll have that extra support and someone who you can be sorting out food with so you can try out new ideas together and keep it fresh. My half sister and her mum have been going to slimming world for a little while and they make it fun, even going so far as to make their own fake aways to replace their notorious Saturday night curries and they’ve been really enjoying it.

Best of luck, and like everyone has said, there’s no secret formula to this, just need to try and keep doing exercise, looking after yourself and trying not to be hard on yourself if you aren’t losing things as fast as you want. We all have our vices (mine is fizzy juice) and I’ve been really cutting it back, that teamed with having less processed food and trying to do a decent amount of exercise will help. It takes time though, but you’ll start to feel better almost instantly. πŸ™‚

carolanissa
2 years ago

In my opinion don’t use weight lose capsules, Use proper supplement like pure Garcinia Cambogia extract. It is a herbal extract with no side effects. More details at http://www.buygarciniacambogia.co.uk/

stumbler
2 years ago

@carolanissa , can I draw your atttention to the forum rules :- https://shift.ms/house-rules/ , especially the small bit under the heading, “This isn’t Craigslist.”

We are a self-support group. We are not a captive audience for the marketing of products.

You are more than welcome if your purpose is compassion and support, but not if your purpose is mercenary . πŸ˜‰

monica2015
2 years ago

@laura97, I’m not qualified to comment on this subject, but would listen to @stumbler, and avoid totally.

There are so many negative stories of those who become addicted to such pills with ill effects. I’m thinking of the poor “celebrity” Jade Goody who subsequently died of cancer. Whilst, there was no direct link, who knows of the damage done internally by these unproven pills.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.