hollylb10 15/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Weather changes!

It seems that my symptoms are exaggerated in this amazing weather we are having in Sussex. As soon as I feel hot then I start to notice the symptoms, if I run my hands under cold water or hold something cold then it seems to disappear!

Any tips for coping with the hotter weather? And does it get better or will it be constant if it stays nice all summer?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

@hollylb10 , you’re not alone in having a body that doesn’t seem to like the British Summer heat.

I find I have to stay out of the sun, as this can drain me of energy within about 15 minutes. The only thing I can do is hide from the sun and try to keep cool.

Now, I started by referring to the “British” Summer heat. I believe that it isn’t just a problem with the heat, it’s the addition of a high level of humidity that seems to create the problem.

So, yes, keeping yourself cool will certainly help. Running cool water on your hands and lower arms will help. Air conditioning can create the optimum environment.

If you haven’t got air conditioning, freeze an empty coke bottle filled with water and stand that in front of a fan. That helps.

A small personal fan, especially one that mists water as well, are good, e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stylish-Portable-Water-Spray-Bottle/dp/B00JXFZK9E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1429160017&sr=8-4&keywords=personal+fan+spray .

2 years ago

I’ve heard great things about the chillow http://www.chillow.co.uk/ and I am considering getting one. Another good way to keep cool is to use a damp towel/scarf. I have been known to wear not quite dry shirts on really hot days.

2 years ago

I had the same problem last year, I sat out in the garden for about an hour although I was only 15 foot away from the house it took me over half an hour to get inside as I had nothing in my legs at all. Very annoying as I don’t want to miss the beautiful weather.

2 years ago

Starting to feel some change in me as the weather warms, ho-hum see how it goes. I am sorta new to this, still, could be worse it not as if its serious is it?
I hope my humor/defense mechanism does not offend.

Good luck getting a grip on it!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.